How do you decide who gets what seat?

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I ordered ds's RN XTSL last night. I was telling m dad about the $209 thread in deals. He told me that if I could pull that off, he'd give me his debit card. :whistle: 10 minutes later it was ordered.

Anywho. I can't decide who gets it. I want it, but I love the TFP. Is it unreasonable to switch seats w/ dh every couple of weeks so I get to use both. I am not in love with the MR, but before dad bought the rn I had almost decided to buy one for dh's truck since MIL really needs the spare EFTA I bought for $80 at bru in December. (She got her seat from a check and it is a rear-adjust and sil tells her to set it for her 4 mo and it will be fine just a little loose on dd who is 2m. I figure the EFTA will promote a proper harness fit.)

Should I just buy the MR too? It would be going in the F-150 front seat captain's chair. It would make for a plush ride.

Am I just making excuses for buying the seats I want? :whistle:

I didn't get the Keyfit30 from my friend. We have another friend that is pregnant and she was interested in it so she got it.... for $65 with 3 years left.

ADS

natysr

Who gets it as far as which kid? Or who gets it as far as which car?

I think as far as which car, I would go with which ever combination gives the best install for both vehicles.

Kat_Momof3

I'm confused, too

what seats do you have... what cars, and what kids... then let me know if each kid needs a seat for every car

I have to think in terms of spreadsheets with this stuff.

but here's what I'm thinking so far... your car - TFP for baby, Radian for Tripp
your hubby's car - Myride for ??? and do you need a second carseat there?

MIL's car - EFTA for your kids... sharing or do you need another seat?

mamadelbosque

IDK about cars.. but my kids determined who got what seat: I originally bought the tfp for DS2 but he absolutely *HATES* it... so DS1 was more than happy to get a new seat and give DS2 his old EFTA (which DS2 is absolutely peachy fine in. Whats the difference between the two? I haven't a bloody clue!!)

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Sorry. The only kiddo we are talking about is ds.

Dd is in the snugride atm. She won't need another seat until spring. I'll put her in a convertible then, most likely the tfp or a tfp. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

EFTA is going to MIL.

I work at a daycare from 4:30pm-10/11 pm 3x a week. Dh picks up ds when he gets off and takes him home, thus the need for him to have a seat always. He drives a single cab F-150 (my car from highschool). Passenger airbag turns off and ds's seat goes in the other captains chair. Only he can or needs to ride with dh. Dd is always in my car, an Explorer. I'm trying to decide which seat for which vehicle. The TFP or the RN or the MR for ds. I'm going to need a third convertible come spring which is why I'm even considering the MR. I have the funds atm for it, plus a 20% coupon until Friday. Last time I was there they had the Deco marked down too.

If anyone has experience, I've not put anything except an sr and efta in the truck. I know the TFP and the RN install like a dream in the E. (per experience and info from Jess). I'm wondering if the MR and SR will work side by side, both rf. I'm pretty sure the RN and SR will work.

Other thing to worry about is use for dh. He hates adjusting straps and barely works well with the continuous feed of the TFP. I try to explain that if it won't buckle over his coat/jacket that he won't freeze and to strip him. He always takes jackets off for the efta, but his car is always warm when ds gets in. Loosening or tightening anything but the EFTA is a nemisis for him.It is kinda like how I always loosen dd's sr straps so she goes in genty then tighten her up, but she doesn't wear bulk. I guess that is one thing that puts the MR on my list,is it easier to adjust so dh can loosen toput him in. Plus dd seams to be short and stubby so I could use it for her later. Ds is tall and light.

mommycat

I may be in the minority, I haven't heard, but I don't find the MR all that easy to tighten in my Civic, and am having a bear of a time adjusting to it after always having RF convertibles with a continuous loop harness. I find it tricky to stuff DS2's arms into the straps without loosening but hate to have to loosen it - the adjuster seems a bit buried in my seat back. :twocents:

I am wondering how the Radian would fit in the truck - the install might determine your choice. I don't suppose there is anything to RF tether it to in a front seat (?), so that isn't much of a consideration.

I would decide based on install and how well DH does using each seat and adjusting the harness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC