I got my symphony 65!!

mominabigtruck

And am taking pic requests.

Yeah, I know I was going to wait but I had to ship the kf and he was really hating the AOE so I just went and got it. And then the ss1 I got came not an hour after I got home:rolleyes:

Anyways for $153 I am happy as of right now. It's installed in a 98 caravan middle captains chair with seatbelt rfing and it was pretty easy. You do have to pop off part of the cover to get it the seatbelt buckled but other then that it was a relatively easy install. I haven't played with it a ton cause dh hasn't been home but all of my kids fit in it. It would not fit a newborn as suggested on the box by evenflo but the infant insert is nice and I got a really good recline, more infant seat like then some convertibles.

Do I think it's worth $200 just to go out and buy? That remains to be seen on how it installs with the surelatch. But with the 8 year life span I think it would get most kids from infant seat up to a dedicated booster without having to buy another forward facing seat in between.

ADS

hylndlas

I just got one as well.

I tried 4 seats in my hubbys truck and out of the 4 This one seemed to fit the best. :)

We will give it a month to make sure we like it. :)

djma

I would like to see pictures please. :D Preferably rf pics, but ff pics too if you don't mind.

MomToEliEm

In the convertible carseat measurements/data spreadsheet that we are trying to get finished up, I am still missing data on the symphony. Do you think you could get some measurements and data off the seat and submit it to the database? If so, the information on what data we are collecting and how to submit it can be found here:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=111506

M

mommyteach

I just got the symphony 65 also! I was worried about height b/c my daughter is in 97%tile height. I called evenflo they said child could stay harnessed to 50 inches tall. Also the harness height is 17 1/2 inches. I was worried b/c i read other threads that said symphony was one of the shortest seats. Hopefully that was just the older Symphony.

armywife12

What does the manual say about the rf height and headrest position? I don't own the seat but from what I hear it doesn't go very high when rf and id like to know fore sure. If there are limitations, would you mind measuring the height of the shell in the highest rf setting? Thanks

SavsMom

I just got one as well - and love it.
While rear facing the headrest is to be in position 1 (lowest) or 2. My daughter is 25 months, 32" and 23lbs and the headrest is still in the lowest position - so she had plenty of room to grow.
Its also nice and deep so she has plenty of leg room.

I gotta say I wanted to like the 1st Symphony - but couldn't get over the 40lb weight rating - but now the Symphony 65 has won me over.

mominabigtruck

These are pics from a 07 pt cruiser, all of them with latch which I have to say was a breeze. I put the connectors on, put my knee in the seat and bounced a little and it was rock solid.

101_1130.jpg

Forward facing lowest slots
101_1129.jpg

Side view including latch
101_1131.jpg

Highest setting
101_1133.jpg

Rear facing install
101_1134.jpg

Lowest rear facing setting
101_1135-1.jpg

Highest rear facing setting
101_1136.jpg

And lowest setting with 10 month old 18lb baby who on the top slots of a ss1 with a couple inches of growth

Maggie

Thanks for the pictures!

Have to say, first thought that popped into my mind is that it looks like the offspring of a Nauti and TF. :p

mominabigtruck

Stupid question, but do you think an older scrawny kid could criss cross their legs in it??

Rfing probably but I don't think it would be very comfy ffing.

I was trying out Peyton in it today and of course I couldn't find any batteries for the camera but he is on the second to top setting with a good 2inches of growth. He has outgrown pretty much all convertible seats including the ma and efta and is on the third slots in his husky.

I was reading the manual today and rfing head has to be 1 in below the top of the wings and at or below forward facing. So although the actual shell of the seat isn't super tall you get alot of room. The booster has to be in the top position so its way more realistic then an AOE for when you would switch. Peyton is way bigger then the average 4yo and his head is below the wings.

And I'm ammending my newborn thoughts. I still think its weird that the wings are super high at their lowest slot but the actual harness gets really small like the efta. I don't have a newborn to try it out on but I think with the insert it wouldn't be that bad.

SavsMom

My daughter is 25 months and a "scrawny" thing - lol! She can cross her legs in it rear facing with no problems what so every - there really is a lot of room in this seat rear facing :thumbsup: I also find that while there is some room on the sides for them to move - they aren't "swimming" in it either.

Raegansmom4

Have to say, first thought that popped into my mind is that it looks like the offspring of a Nauti and TF. :p

That's exactly what I thought, lol! If only they made the Nauti a rfing seat as well...with a 45 lb rfing limit of course. One can dream.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC