I'm SICK of carseats!

Splash

In the past three days, I have installed

one Regent 11 times (8 with long belt path, one with anchors, one with anchors and recline bar, one with long belt path and recline bar)

one Radian 5-6 times, in various positions, with various attachments

3 Boulevards a total of 14 times that I can remember

AJ has to keep dropping her van off and getting a rental and when she does, it's three seats to take out, put in, take out, put in... and half the time it's done at 6 in the morning! I'm sick of it!

Please send reinforcements!

ADS

scatterbunny

LMAO! Don't become a tech, then! ;)

I need to play with the Husky tonight and see how well it installs in Mark's truck in the center, lapbelt-only. I need the recline bar for that, technically, and don't have one, so I'll need to call Britax. If it does fit, I'll need to get a tether anchor installed before we use it anyway. I just hope it fits with enough room for me to fit outboard!

Splash

One Boulevard is for Charlie, one is for a 14 month old boy she watches during the day, and the Regent is for a 3.5 year old 48ish pound child she watches in the afternoon.
We're a van of extended everything! RF past 1/20 and harnessed past 40 pounds.

LuvBug

cool! I didnt know she kept kids.

Sometimes it gets boring doing the same thing with the same kid each day lol! Id like to borrow a RFing kid for just one day. Or someone in the US needs to make a seat that RF to 55lbs lol!

Splash

Yeah, it's not that I don't like messing with seats, I do! It's just the SAME seats in the SAME vehicle for the SAME kids every dang day is getting old! Plus it's been cold and raining, and I have to do them outside, no nice warm garage or even dry carport!

I did the Regent last night back in her van, and for the life of me I could not make it work. This is a seat that I can install with the long belt path in 3 minutes flat, and it took my close to fifteen minutes last night to get it in. I felt like I was drunk!

Yeah, she keeps kids. The plan was for her to stay at home indefinitely. However high medical bills and insurance denials killed that plan pretty quickly. She couldn't go back to teaching, because there would be nothing to do with Charlie. So she decided to go with the college stand by and go back to nannying. It pays well, and she can take him with.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow! I don't blame you for being sick of seats! If I was installing the same seats in the same vehicle over and over, I think I would be sick of seats too! :)

So both you and AJ have teaching experience? That's great! I love to hear about other teachers! :)

I'm sick of mine after *one* uninstall/reinstall! I can imagine your frustration. :( Any hope of a reprieve in the near future?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
That's a lot of seat shuffling. At least it's not -12 F at your house with a -25 to -30 F wind chill, brrrr. I'm not even remotely tempted to play with our seats or drive anywhere today if I don't have to. DD1's preschool yoga class was canceled due to the cold and windchill, along with all the area schools closed for the second day in a row. Hope your seat shuffling is over soon, and may you stay toasty warm. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC