Pictures of the True Fit Premier in Honda Civic

natysr

Testing out my new True Fit Premier in our 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid.

Rearfacing install for a newborn with LATCH. It is in the #1 zone for 45 degree angle.

771558793_F4JET-M.jpg

Side view. Funny how this seat appears overreclined, even when its not.

771558382_SUGCv-M.jpg

It sits so low that if the door is closed, you can't really tell there is a seat there.

771559180_P5bzX-M.jpg

Here is the more upright install for a toddler. Modeling the seat is Jordan. 5 1/2 years old, 34 pounds fully dressed (barely squeeking by on the rearfacing weight limit) and 41 inches. He's on the 2nd to the bottom slot.

771559866_x5PyN-M.jpg

ETA: OMG my boy has grown! This was 15 months ago in the true fit premier prototype.

386737082_PeYn8-M.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

armywife12

I love the pics! That is crazy how reclined it looks for a newborn. It looks like it is almost laying completely on the seat. That would be hard to get used to for me. Lol. I love the cranberry cover

Spam

It looks so cute w/out the headrest. And wow, Jordan looks so much older now. How excited is he to be getting a lil bro?

Laurette

Are you saying it is not over reclined by the indicator on the seat? Have you tried the paper trick?

natysr

Are you saying it is not over reclined by the indicator on the seat? Have you tried the paper trick?

The seat is not actually over-reclined. The way the seat is constructed makes it appear over-reclined when it is not. The recline of the inside of the seat's seat back is not parallel to the plastic shell you see on the outside of the seat. So the seat is actually at a 45 degree angle. The ball indicator is also correct.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I love how in both your new pics and the prototype pics, the same seat is in the background :p

The TF does look ridiculous when properly installed for a newb. DS sure looked silly in his ;)

I actually like the cranberry in the real-life pics! It looks like a Tootsie pop.

natysr

Great pics! I missed that you are having a boy, congrats!! Any names yet?

Thank you. We are about 90% sure on a name. We haven't started calling him by name yet, just waiting to see if we think it will stick.

Trevor Grant

I love how in both your new pics and the prototype pics, the same seat is in the background :p

The TF does look ridiculous when properly installed for a newb. DS sure looked silly in his ;)

I actually like the cranberry in the real-life pics! It looks like a Tootsie pop.

I thought that was funny too. We had put Jordan in the Frontier on the test bench. More proof that the kid actually does grow eventually. The headrest is one notch up in the install in the car vs. the one 15 months ago.

I like the cranberry too. I also like the feel of the cover. It feels very high quality.

ZephyrBlue

The seat is not actually over-reclined. The way the seat is constructed makes it appear over-reclined when it is not. The recline of the inside of the seat's seat back is not parallel to the plastic shell you see on the outside of the seat. So the seat is actually at a 45 degree angle. The ball indicator is also correct.

:yeahthat:

Compared to the MR, the TFP looks like a car-bed almost when installed correctly for an infant.

noahsmom24

Compared to pics online this seat cover looks GREAT in real life pics!
I want one just for the cover lol

& Congrats!!!! I love the name too!

todzwife

Wow! Your LO is so handsome!

Could you do me a huge favor and measure how far it is from the back of your seat to the top of the TF? I'm trying to figure if it will fit in my car.:eek:

Kat_Momof3

Great pics!!!

I'm glad Jordan is getting a brother... something about that precocious boy just screams a need for a brother.

And I LOVE the name Trevor Grant. It sounds very similar to Jordan Kendall with the type/style of the names, so I'm sure it will work perfectly.

Did Jordan get to help pick the name?

djma

That is crazy about how it looks so reclined! Don't think I could get used to that.

Love the color, though!

And love the name!!

natysr

Wow! Your LO is so handsome!

Could you do me a huge favor and measure how far it is from the back of your seat to the top of the TF? I'm trying to figure if it will fit in my car.:eek:

Oh, I'm sorry. I took it out yesterday. Just left it there long enough to get the pictures. My measurements may not mean too much anyway. Different back seat shapes could make things vary. Plus, did you notice how my front seat has a curve to the back? I pulled that seat all the way forward so that I could stand in that spot to push the carseat into the seatback when I installed it. After it was installed, I checked to see how far back the front seat could go, and it just so happed that the TFP puzzled right under that curve.

What kind of car do you have? Have you checked to see if there are any specialty shops in your area that you could try it out? (I did need to use a rolled towel in the seatbight of mine, since my back seats are bucketed.)

Great pics!!!

I'm glad Jordan is getting a brother... something about that precocious boy just screams a need for a brother.

And I LOVE the name Trevor Grant. It sounds very similar to Jordan Kendall with the type/style of the names, so I'm sure it will work perfectly.

Did Jordan get to help pick the name?

We are glad he is getting a brother too. I think they will be a hoot.

It wasn't easy finding a name with a similar style, but wasn't rhymey. So that is exactly what we were looking for.

Yoshi

Just a question about the Frontier in your Civic...is that installed w/LATCH? Because when I tried one out for DD a year or so ago (returned it because she was already AT the top slots anyway) I could not get it installed w/ seatbelt in our '08 Civic(and I forget which seatbelt path it was) She was 46lbs at the time. I know Jordan is under 40 lbs, but can you get a good seatbelt install with it for when he reaches 40 lbs? Just curious!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC