Does the TF crotch buckle bother your PT'd child?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I switched DD2's (expired) Marathon out with the TF and DD was saying it hurt her.

Our model only has 2 adjustments and she's on the farthest one.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
DD did not have that complaint. She rode in the TF from 21 months - 3 years 2 months. She was potty trained at 22 months, so pretty much only rode in it only in panties. She was on the 1st crotch slot for awhile, then I moved it to the 2nd somewhere around age 2.5. She was over 25# when she first went in the seat and 33# the last time she rode in it.

KiwiGem

I tried my 5 yr old in the TF again last week to see if she would still fit height wise & she complained that the crotch buckle was digging into the tops of the her legs (she's really petite too so not a lot of padding!) & you could see even before she said anything that it wasn't comfortable.

I asked which seat was more comfortable for her & she said the Frontier - no doubt about it!

Miss 3 a couple of times has complained when I've been buckling her in that the crotch buckle hurts but once it's done up she's ok. I have pinched her skin in it a couple of times though - that didn't go down too well :(

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Thanks for the input. I just put her back in the TF, since the MA she was using expired, and she has always hated the TF. I've been tossing around the idea of getting her a pretty Flora Radian, although she's such a peanut she could probably RF in that until 8 or so :D

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Thanks for the input. I just put her back in the TF, since the MA she was using expired, and she has always hated the TF.
When we got our MR, DD was much happier sitting in it than she ever was in the TF, although like I said, she never complained about the TF, but she was obviously more comfortable in the MR.

jheimes

My 4.5 yr old sits in the TF FF on the 2nd crotch strap. She is 40" and about 33 lbs. She has never complained, although, I do have to be careful not to clip her skin in the buckle. She says the TF was more comfy than her Graco Nautilus in our 03 Chrysler T&C van. Not sure why she likes the TF better, but she does.

nevaehsmommy

Nevaeh has never complained. She potty trained at about 17 or 18 months. Early at any rate.

The only time Nevaeh ever complains about the staps is when she has a UTI (pretty common thing for her)

Also she said the My ride and the Nautilus were "more comffie" then the 3-1 or the flower seat (TF)

APmama2MAK

Michael cared for a little while on the inner setting but now he doesnt complain about it. That was in summer when he was in thin shorts, not jean shorts and all the time he hasnt complained hes mostly been in jeans so maybe the thinner material made it noticable?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Ack, yeah, the TF has to go. She complained again, then pulled her arms out.

I'll give the TF back to DS and order her a Radian or MR. Can't decide which one I want :whistle:

AtTheSouthDam

Had the same problem with the TF and sold it. DD2 loves her MR, even over the RN. I have been contemplating getting a second one, one that actually matches my van as the brown in my gray interior is driving me nuts :p

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Sorry you're having such a tough time with it. My kids haven't had any problems with it and dd is using the TF again in our truck and has had a few 1.5hr rides in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC