4yrs. RF vs FF

NannyMom

Sofi is 3yrs, 3 months and I'm stressing out already. She's 29-30 pounds. She currently rides in a TFP, EFTA, MA, BV, MR.

My RF goal is 4yrs. That's also when I'd take the child's opinions into consideration. But here is what I wonder.... When she turns 4, just keep everything as is? If she's not complaining about RF (which she hasn't yet), and she still fits?

Ya know how many parents out there look at 1yr as a milestone, to look forward to turning their baby FF? It seems like that's what I've turned 4yrs into :eek: But then I look at her.... I'll have to get a good pic. But I was looking at her today, and her head still seems so big, but maybe that's because she's so skinny.

In Sweeden they RF until 4-5yrs. So I should just leave her RF if she fits, right? No new seats to keep her RF after 4 though so hurry and buy them in the next 9 months ;)

you'd think I didn't have enough on my plate to stress over :rolleyes:

ADS

firemomof3

My dd2 will be 4y/o next month and she's still a peanut. I plan to rf for as long as she wants. At her age I let her decide. But its really not a battle because she prefers to be rf, she is much more comfortable. Once in a while she'll ask to sit in the 3rd with her sister ff and then I put her in the CA. Honestly, she'll probably be going to 1st grade and still be rf :rolleyes:

menfusse

E is a squirt. She's 4 and her stats are in my sig. She can RF for a long long time to come. We made it to 4, but she'd been begging for several months to turn. I turned her and she's happy. I think though that a lot of it has to do with the MR. She's so cradled and reclined that she's comfy FF. We tried her FF in an RN and she was miserable. Too much head slump and soreness for her. I'm only just now losing some of the anxiety I felt about it, and only when we are just local. When it's time to hit the interstates, I get pretty anxious. In fact, we are going to have a talk and see how she feels about RF when we head to Columbus (7 hours on the interstate), and unless she's dead set against it, I'll likely turn her for the trip. At the very least, she's going in the center since A won't be with us.

Had she never thought about "facing the front", I doubt I would have changed her before starting school. But, at her age...I took her feelings into consideration.

Mom2FiveGirls

DD#4 is 4y4m and we were just able to turn her RFing (for the first time since she was 18 months old or so! I didn't know any better back then) a few weeks ago. I plan on keeping her RFing as long as I can (until she outgrows the MR she's in or DD#5 outgrows the AOE she's in...whichever happens first). She prefers RFing and is much happier. I'm actually worried about how she'll react when we HAVE to turn her FFing... I'm not looking forward to it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC