Anyone seen the Milan Snugride 22 IRL

tl01

I'm thinking of getting this seat but want to make sure it is a front adjust. Based upon the cost I would think so but I can't find any pics of it w/o the foot muff. I saw a few descriptions that it does have a front adjust and then a few reviews that said it doesn't.

ADS
I am 100% positive that it is front adjust. It is possibly one of the memory foam ones too as it was one of the designs that USA Baby carried and they only had the nicer pints such as Lexington and Rittenhouse. It's nicer fabric and comes with head supports, strap covers and a boot...it also has the little plastic part on the front of the canopy. (I owned a Central Park Snugride so I am familiar) It is going to be a much nicer SnugRide than any you would be able to find in Target or BRU etc. :thumbsup:

http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-snugride-infant-car-seat-8f12min3-milan.html

There is is for $129...you may find a better deal but for the quality I think that's a good price although personally I'd be looking at the SR32 as they're the same price and some are even as low as $99....All the babies I've known have outgrown the SR22 by 6 months and some even by 3 months but I understand that some people like the 22lb SR and maybe plan to move to a convertible by about 6 months. I strongly prefer the SS1/SR32/35 base too because of the lock off- soooo easy!

tl01

I am 100% positive that it is front adjust. It is possibly one of the memory foam ones too as it was one of the designs that USA Baby carried and they only had the nicer pints such as Lexington and Rittenhouse. It's nicer fabric and comes with head supports, strap covers and a boot...it also has the little plastic part on the front of the canopy. (I owned a Central Park Snugride so I am familiar) It is going to be a much nicer SnugRide than any you would be able to find in Target or BRU etc. :thumbsup:

http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-snugride-infant-car-seat-8f12min3-milan.html

There is is for $129...you may find a better deal but for the quality I think that's a good price although personally I'd be looking at the SR32 as they're the same price and some are even as low as $99....All the babies I've known have outgrown the SR22 by 6 months and some even by 3 months but I understand that some people like the 22lb SR and maybe plan to move to a convertible by about 6 months. I strongly prefer the SS1/SR32/35 base too because of the lock off- soooo easy!

I agree about the benefits of the SR32. I have to get either a Peg PV, Maxi Cosi, or Snugride 22 to fit in my stroller that I want to use. DH just found our SS1 last night but it is missing the infant insert. I'm thinking that I will get the Milan so I can use my stroller and then switch to the SS1 once the baby outgrows the SR. I'll put the SR in my car for now with my fave stroller and then SS1 in his car with the Snap n Go. I love the SS1 it just isn't compatible with my stroller:( I found the Milan for $129 on diapers.com minus 10%. I'm thinking it is a decent deal. It's funny that I'm considering this seat now b/c about 9 months ago I received a shipment from Albee. I'd ordered one item and they sent me the item plus the Milan SR. I called them to let them know about the error and of course they sent a shipping label so I could return the seat and here I am about to order it for real this time.

Thoughts on this pattern for a boy...

jsta1005

kinda OT... if your stroller fits the SR 22 shouldn't it fit any of the Graco infant seats? Which stroller is it?

tl01

kinda OT... if your stroller fits the SR 22 shouldn't it fit any of the Graco infant seats? Which stroller is it?

I posted about that in a separate thread a few weeks ago. I have a Stokke Xplory and the adaptor is very specific to the seat. I ordered the SR adaptor and tried it with the SS1 and it didn't work:(

Well that's awesome that you have a SS1 too :eek: I figured there was a specific reason that you were looking at the SR22.

I think Milan is probably one of my favorites for a boy- In fact it's in my top two. My absolute favorite is the Rittenhouse for both genders even though some people view it as girls style- I just love the design but that's not even available in the SR22 so I'm loving the Milan choice- you'll have to post pics :eek:

ps. that's stinky that the SS1 doesn't fit on your stroller!

tl01

Well that's awesome that you have a SS1 too :eek: I figured there was a specific reason that you were looking at the SR22.

I think Milan is probably one of my favorites for a boy- In fact it's in my top two. My absolute favorite is the Rittenhouse for both genders even though some people view it as girls style- I just love the design but that's not even available in the SR22 so I'm loving the Milan choice- you'll have to post pics :eek:

ps. that's stinky that the SS1 doesn't fit on your stroller!

I totally agree about the whole stroller issue. I started calling Stokke over a year ago encouraging them to get their act together to add more adaptors and if they do... that it should be for the SS1/and the other variants.

Glad it seems like a good pattern for a boy. I think I might go ahead and order it. Yikes! Can't believe I'm ordering things for this baby.

tl01

Well just an update... I ordered the Milan SR and it should be here Monday:) Can't wait! I don't really like SRs but this one does look cute and will fit my immediate needs so I'll be anxious to get to play with it.

Well just an update... I ordered the Milan SR and it should be here Monday:) Can't wait! I don't really like SRs but this one does look cute and will fit my immediate needs so I'll be anxious to get to play with it.

To be honest- I do like the SR22 for little babies! It's easier to carry. If I owned both I would be very likely to use the SR22 for the first 2 or 3 months anyways :eek:

The only thing I dislike is the lack of lock off on the base- but other than that I really don't mind the front adjust SR22's at all! I recommend the higher limit seats to friends of course but obviously you have the other one already so for your needs and the price, it works! :eek:

Please post pics when it arrives if you can!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC