Would you do it? re: buying a new seat.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
If someone you knew was selling a 3yo KF30 would you offer to take it off their hands? This is of course if you knew the history of the seat. What is the exp on these? 6yr?

I really really want one, but couldn't buy one new. I may sell dd's travel system if I buy it. :whistle:

ETA: What is a reasonable/fair price?

This will set me back on ds's XTSL. :eek: I am about 2w out from buying it as the new EFTA just won't last long rfing him in dh's truck and he has to rf in the front seat. I'm thinking of the xtsl in it though I really want it in my car. :p

ADS

ame0312

yes, expiration is 6 yrs... generally you take the price of the seat new... divide by the # of usable years then subtract however many years old it is... id get it... i love the keyfit!

steph_s

A new Keyfit 30 is about $155 so that is $25 per year. So if it's 3 years old then I would say $75.

I :love: my keyfit, but the more I play with this Onboard 35 the more I like it! It has super low bottom slots, a 4lb minimum weight limit, and 35lb maximum weight limit, it's not too heavy and the price is right. It's about $95 at my local Target. My friend just got one for her new foster baby who I watch while she is working and I like it better than my keyfit at the moment because she just fits in it better. The seat itself weighs about 8lbs compared to the Keyfit 30 which is about 16lbs. Plus the other baby I watch who is out of the keyfit has more room in the onboard both in head room and in foot room.

No baby will ever get to 30lbs in the keyfit nor will they get to 35lbs in the onboard unless they are super chunky and have a really short torso.

soygurl

A new Keyfit 30 is about $155 so that is $25 per year. So if it's 3 years old then I would say $75.

I :love: my keyfit, but the more I play with this Onboard 35 the more I like it! It has super low bottom slots, a 4lb minimum weight limit, and 35lb maximum weight limit, it's not too heavy and the price is right. It's about $95 at my local Target. My friend just got one for her new foster baby who I watch while she is working and I like it better than my keyfit at the moment because she just fits in it better. The seat itself weighs about 8lbs compared to the Keyfit 30 which is about 16lbs. Plus the other baby I watch who is out of the keyfit has more room in the onboard both in head room and in foot room.

No baby will ever get to 30lbs in the keyfit nor will they get to 35lbs in the onboard unless they are super chunky and have a really short torso.

I was JUST at target looking at the On Board, and I'm positive the minimum weight was 5 lbs. Is it possible that the more $$ ones that have the lock-off also have a different min. weight? :confused:
It really bummed me out since it's got such low harness slots, it seems silly to not rate it from birth or 4 lbs. at least! :thumbsdown:

Sorry to hijack, OP! I'd probably get the key fit too... it's SUCH a nice seat! :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC