Does anyone have a 2000 Taurus or a 1995 Accent?

mom2juliarose

Or similar...?

I am looking for some information and can't find it online for either car.

This is what I'm wondering:

1) Does it have headrests in the back seat?
2) What is the measurement from the seat bight to the top of the seat (or the top of the headrest if there is one) in the back?

I'm asking because I'm considering getting a Turbobooster for DD... but the only 2 immediate uses I can think of it are when we go to Brazil at the end of March (that's where we'll be in an Accent, but very rarely--we walk a lot there), and when we head to NY in July for 3 days for a family reunion. So I guess I'm thinking ahead wondering if we could just use it as a no back booster on those trips (and carry it on the plane with us)... but it depends on the seat height, right?

Also, how tall is "too tall" for her to be in just a NBB? Where does her head have to be in relation to the top of the seat of the car to require the booster have its back on?

TIA!

ADS

Maedze

Neither of those vehicles has head rests. I'm not sure about the Accent, but the Taurus seatback is extremely low and I can pretty much guarantee she'll be too tall for it, unfortunately.

mom2juliarose

Neither of those vehicles has head rests. I'm not sure about the Accent, but the Taurus seatback is extremely low and I can pretty much guarantee she'll be too tall for it, unfortunately.

Good to know! For that trip, I may be able to finagle an extra booster from a cousin (and I'd trust it wouldn't have been in a crash). We'll be in Brazil for 2 weeks, but maybe use a car 3 days max that entire time... I'm just not sure if I want to lug any car seat down for a 5.5 year old IF necessary. But I will if I have to.... we looked at buying her a LBB there and keeping it at their place for our occasional trips, but they're $80 American! No wonder so few people use car seats there... :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC