Question Am I crazy to want an Oobr?

Citrine

My 5yr 8mo old rides in a GN and currently on the last slot. Her torso is 16-16.5inchs, and 45lbs. She is on the last slot in the GN with some room left to grow in the GN. I am thinking of getting her the Clek Oobr booster. I know its crazy expensive and is no safer then other boosters out there that will fit her. What I love about the Oobr is the magnesium back frame and side wings connects to the magnesium frame using steel rods. I have tried out the GN in HBB mode in our odyssey and it is not a good fit. The lap belt comes up on her belly and will not stay on her thighs. She is petite, she wears size 6pants, and kids small top. I had my eyes on the Britax Parkway SG. When I tried her out in it 4mo ago, I did not like the fit of the shoulder belt. I take her to and from school 5days a week, she does not ride with anyone but me or my husband, also she is not a car sleeper, even on 16hr road trips she wont sleep. I would need to order the oobr on the internet as no store in my area sells them. If there are other boosters to consider please let me know.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
You're the only one who knows your budget. It's not crazy to want an oobr, and it's not crazy to get one if you want it and can afford it. Whether indulging a $200 "want" is crazy in your house is between you and your husband.

firemomof3

I don't think your crazy one bit! I feel that the Oobr is worth every penny :thumbsup: My 6.5y/o loves her Oobr and she has the same stats as your dd and she fits great.
clek068.jpg

Morganthe

Well, I've been thinking of ordering an OOBR & sending it directly to my mom for our July visit. I just don't know how well my dd will fit it and how it will fit in whatever rental car we'll be using. She'll likely be around 50" tall by then & slender build.

I don't know if getting it or something else would be more practical for a 2 1/2 week visit. :shrug-shoulders: I've never even seen the thing IRL. I don't know about the fabric or anything other than what people say about its 'greatness'. So you're not the only crazy one out there. :p

Citrine

You're the only one who knows your budget. It's not crazy to want an oobr, and it's not crazy to get one if you want it and can afford it. Whether indulging a $200 "want" is crazy in your house is between you and your husband.
My husband and I have talked about the price point and he is okay with it. and if are other daughter decides to grow we may pass it down to her as well, but we will see when we cross that bridge..

I don't think your crazy one bit! I feel that the Oobr is worth every penny :thumbsup: My 6.5y/o loves her Oobr and she has the same stats as your dd and she fits great.When I was researching the Oobr here, I saw your daughters picture, and I thought i was looking at my daughter because she has the same build as yours. I am not as scared to buy the Oobr knowing she may fit like your daughter.

Well, I've been thinking of ordering an OOBR & sending it directly to my mom for our July visit. I just don't know how well my dd will fit it and how it will fit in whatever rental car we'll be using. She'll likely be around 50" tall by then & slender build.

I don't know if getting it or something else would be more practical for a 2 1/2 week visit. :shrug-shoulders: I've never even seen the thing IRL. I don't know about the fabric or anything other than what people say about its 'greatness'. So you're not the only crazy one out there. :p

Nice to know I am not the only crazy person out there.. Also what is the life span of the Oobr? I have 8 years in my head. I could not find the info on Clek website nor in the online manual, I may have missed if it was said in manual

menfusse

Nope...not crazy at all. I want one too. My dd is 8 and very tall. She has a Vivo and a Monterey AND a compass!! But I still want a Oobr. Of course for us, it's not in the budget, especially considering that she has 2 very good boosters and one decent one already.

So maybe I'm the crazy one. But you? Definitely not.

Citrine

Its good to know I am not crazy. I have 3 carseats and 2kids. And I know thats nothing to some of the carseat stash that most members have here. My husband does not feel we need more seats then kids. If I had my way there are 3-4 others seats that I would love to have, but my husband wont let me. So when and If I get the Oobr, I wont be buying another booster seat "just to have" thank you for all your input so far.

featherhead

My daughter is only 2 1/2 and about 26 lbs, and I want an Oobr:p It's gonna be a LONG time before she is big enough for a booster. But right now that is definitely the one I would want. I think the Clek expiry is 7 years, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure it is either 6 or 7 years.

csully4

I was thinking of getting one for my oldest dd who is 9 yrs.old. Don't know if it will happen or not.

Kat_Momof3

I don't think you're crazy at all. If I could swing it, Ruthie would have one and the Vivo would just be becoming her NEW spare permanently, instead of becoming primary.

Heck, I'd love to come up with a way to scrounge for it, but she's going to end up fitting the Monterey well by the time her brother outgrows it, so I just won't have the reason to splurge for it.

now, should they have a SALE (like they have with Olli before), all bets are off. (and if I win the lottery, you KNOW the first thing I'm buying)

Citrine

Thank you everyone for making me feel normal. I had no idea what kind of response I would get. I didn't know if anyone would suggest others seats. But thank you for giving me the confidence to buy the seat. I did look at the Vivo on the internet and at pictures of your children in them and loved it for how it seemed to hug the body, but the seat depth did not look so big. I know its hard to find a booster that has a big seat bottom, Monterey comes to mind but I have learned here it is not for smaller children, which I have one. Thank you for all your help. And keep any suggestions coming. When does it expire? I could not find it in the online manual

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I bought one for my DD and it was totally worth it. It was supposed to be for DHs car, but I took the Frontier out of my truck when DD went with exMIL and somehow the Frontier ended up sitting on the porch and I've been moving the Oobr back and forth as needed. One of these days I'll get around to putting the Frontier back, but it is just so much fun to LATCH in the Oobr and DD likes it too.

Citrine

Safeinthecar, when does your oobr expire? I called customer service and she told me 5years, I tend not to believe her one bit. she said it is "the longest lasting one"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC