Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

MyRide rear facing in a Sienna

I just read emandbri say on another thread that she didn't like the rf install of the MR in a Sienna. This has me worried now, as I just bought a MR 2 weeks ago, and installed it ff for my ds, planning that later this year it will become our new baby's rf convertible. I really should have tried it rf as well as ff before deciding to keep it . I don't actually love it ff, due to the severe recline, but like it very much other than that, so figured it would be a great rf convertible. It definitely wouldn't have been my choice for ds right now if it's not going to work well for the baby. Has anyone else had it rf in a Sienna? I have a 2005 LE8.
    Kirsten, Mom to:
    dd 11 yo in a Monterey/Recaro Vivo
    dd 8yo in a Recaro Young Style/Vivo
    ds 5 yo in a GN
    and dd 13months in a rf MyRide

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: MyRide rear facing in a Sienna

Can you try it RF to see what you think?
    TechnoAdult Driver's seat
    TechnoTween Clek Oobr Britax Parkway SGL
    TechnoKid Britax Frontier ClickTight Graco Tranzitions

I have it RF in my 2007 8 passenger Sienna - and LOVE it. Seriously, I'd never considered a MR until my tech class and played with one in my vehicle... I bought on a few weeks later. It fits perfectly behind my Driver seat (outboard captain) and my 6ft 2" husband can push the seat all the way back and recline to his liking and the MR remains untouched by the seat back. ALSO, in that seat, it doesn't impede my rear view vision (I'm 5ft 2").

Now, I've never installed it FF and am not sure what I will think of that. However, I purchased it exclusively for ERF.. so, that isn't an issue for a few more years.
    Misty, CPST and SK Senior Checker

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    Can you try it RF to see what you think?
    Yes, and I will. I know that's the obvious answer, but I'm unable to install seats at this point in my pregnancy, and I hated to ask dh to try it rf, and then put it in ff (because he's doing a million and one other things to get ready around here, too!). We're going to put the baby's seat in the car in the next week or so, which will entail moving everyone around, so I'll have him try it rf during that process. He's awesome at installing. Either way, it would be too late if I found it doesn't work, because we've already been using it for almost 2 weeks. I was just hoping someone would tell me this:

Quote Originally Posted by autumnlily View Post
    I have it RF in my 2007 8 passenger Sienna - and LOVE it. Seriously, I'd never considered a MR until my tech class and played with one in my vehicle... I bought on a few weeks later. It fits perfectly behind my Driver seat (outboard captain) and my 6ft 2" husband can push the seat all the way back and recline to his liking and the MR remains untouched by the seat back. ALSO, in that seat, it doesn't impede my rear view vision (I'm 5ft 2").
    Thank you, that makes me feel much better about my purchase! When we move the baby to it, it will be behind the driver's side just like yours, so that's good news to hear it is a good install in your car.

I will ask dh to try it when we do the big seat switcheroo next week though, just so I can see.
    Kirsten, Mom to:
    dd 11 yo in a Monterey/Recaro Vivo
    dd 8yo in a Recaro Young Style/Vivo
    ds 5 yo in a GN
    and dd 13months in a rf MyRide

Glad I could help, and I sure hope it works with just as much ease for you!

I have it installed with LATCH. Haven't tried a seat belt install - simply because I don't have to.
    Misty, CPST and SK Senior Checker

Carseat Crazy

we had a rental sienna (08 or 09) when we bought our myrides and i loved the installs. not a problem at all.
    Jet 6/05 Marvel 8/06
    Cash 2/09 Fox 2/09
    Ada due very soon!