Radian RF'ing on a plane - PIC

nmb

For those that think it can't be done:
PlaneridetoUncleNicks.jpg

This is DS last May, he was 29 mos old...as you can see the seat is pretty upright compared to a vehicle install but still reclined enough to allow him to sleep. (We moved the pillow from behind his head and put it to the side when he fell asleep).

ETA - Yes I know the straps should've been one slot down for rf'ing, they are just a tad above his shoulders here. Had the seat set up for FF'ing since we figured it wouldn't fit RF'ing; DH installed the seat while we were not on the plane yet and I didn't figured it was that big a deal to undo & change (while everyone waited) on a plane....in a car absolutely would have changed it. (and did when we got there).

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Frick, wish I could get it installed like that in my VEHICLE! (okay, maybe slightly more reclined, but close!) Was the entire bottom touching the airplane seat? What type of plane was it?

PurpleCat

sweet! we're flying in a few months and i wasn't looking forward to attempting a RF install on a plane. thanks for posting this. :)

nmb

Frick, wish I could get it installed like that in my VEHICLE! (okay, maybe slightly more reclined, but close!) Was the entire bottom touching the airplane seat? What type of plane was it?

The entire bottom was ON the seat, not all touching but the same as in a vehicle, the boot was touching and the part under the butt was touching. No overhang if that is what you are asking.

I have no idea whatsoever what type of plane. Typical 2 seats on one side, three on the other.... We had 4 "legs" on that trip and were able to rearface on 3 out of 4 of them...the other one we were seated way at the back of the plane and not enough room to rearface... sat in rows 10/11 and were able to rearface (never a bulkhead seat), can't remember the row number now that we couldn't but we were sitting just behind the wing. It was American Airlines if that helps any.;)

If you have the option I'd recommend checking-in online the night before and selecting seats as close to the front as you can, they seem to have more room.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The entire bottom was ON the seat, not all touching but the same as in a vehicle, the boot was touching and the part under the butt was touching. No overhang if that is what you are asking.p
I was not clear. What I meant was if the bottom of the Radian was lifted off the airplane seat, so boot touching but edge near bum lifted off of seat.

I have no idea whatsoever what type of plane. Typical 2 seats on one side, three on the other.... We had 4 "legs" on that trip and were able to rearface on 3 out of 4 of them...the other one we were seated way at the back of the plane and not enough room to rearface... sat in rows 10/11 and were able to rearface (never a bulkhead seat), can't remember the row number now that we couldn't but we were sitting just behind the wing. It was American Airlines if that helps any.;)
Cute that you say typical 2-3. The two major Canadian airlines don't have any planes with 2-3 so it's not typical here and I've never actually been on a 2-3 plane. :D Ours are commonly 3-3, then 2-2 for smaller planes. There is a bigger plane with 2-3-2, and then even bigger planes than that, but no 2-3 from what I can tell.

I checked out the American Airlines planes on Seat Guru and it seems that their two planes that sit 2-3, seat AB have a 31" seat pitch and seats DEF have a 33" seat pitch. Do you recall which seat letter you were in?

Morganthe

It was American Airlines if that helps any.;)

If you have the option I'd recommend checking-in online the night before and selecting seats as close to the front as you can, they seem to have more room.

FYI -- with American Airlines (and a lot of other airlines out there), you can select your seats at time of purchase all the way up to online check-in time. :thumbsup:

Very handy. :D

DD & I already have our Lufthansa seats picked & assigned for July. :)

nmb

I was not clear. What I meant was if the bottom of the Radian was lifted off the airplane seat, so boot touching but edge near bum lifted off of seat.

Cute that you say typical 2-3. The two major Canadian airlines don't have any planes with 2-3 so it's not typical here and I've never actually been on a 2-3 plane. :D Ours are commonly 3-3, then 2-2 for smaller planes. There is a bigger plane with 2-3-2, and then even bigger planes than that, but no 2-3 from what I can tell.

I checked out the American Airlines planes on Seat Guru and it seems that their two planes that sit 2-3, seat AB have a 31" seat pitch and seats DEF have a 33" seat pitch. Do you recall which seat letter you were in?

LOL...well what I've gotten used to seeing around here. Didn't realize the different sides were different.... we were definitely in the D-E-F seats, it was DH, DS and myself always together.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC