OK I have decided now I need recomendations!

I just dont feel the love anymore for my MA. I always thought that was a beautiful seat and ever since I had my first daughter almost 8 years ago I yearned to own a Britax. I was never financial able to own one with her and now that I have one I just dont like how Evan sits in the seat. I want a seat where he sits "in" the seat and not looking like he it sitting on a box, KNIM? Anyways, he has a MR and thats great for rf'ing but it does not fit tightly as I would hope rf'ing in my van. I can get a snug install but after a few uses it loosens up again. But thats OK now its in Dh's car with LATCH and its great!! Also I have read it makes a lousy f'fing seat because its so reclined and not very upright. so I know that will bother the nuttiness out of me when that times comes. So I am going to sell the MA on craigslist. It is an 08 model so anyone know what I should ask for it?
OK now onto the seat I would like to have.

Money right now is OK so I can splurge a bit.

What I am looking for is:

• Ample leg room!
  • Good rear facing weight limit
  • cozy and comfy
  • a good looking seat

Now I am ready for some suggestions, please! :D :eek:

ADS
I have a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport with no thether anchors :(

Evan is 31lbs and not sure of his height. He has a long torso though if that helps :rolleyes:

Here's some recent pictures of him :love:

CopyofRENO006.jpg

RENO112.jpg

RENO066.jpg

4002.jpg

firemomof3

He is a handsome boy!!
My first thought is the Radian XTSL because it rf to 45lbs., has a tall shell, has lots of leg room, cumfy seat and is great looking :twocents:
I don't have any experience with installing a Radian in your vehicle so hopefully someone will chime in who has an older Caravan.

Maedze

I have a MR in forward facing use at the moment. I don't think it's terrible at all :twocents:

Yes, it's reclined, but DD, age 4, is very comfortable and happy in it.

armywife12

I really like my MyRide and was able to get a super tight install in my 08 Caravan but I always used LATCH. I never tried it with a seat belt. It sounds like it would have been a great seat if it worked in your van. Since he is only 31lbs, a 40 RF limit will probably be enough for him so you can always look at the Radian 65. The Radian 65SL is only $183.99 at hipmonkey.com with the promo code "20THANKS". I believe you can use it for any of the Radian seats so the XTSL will be down to $239, same that I paid a few weeks ago. I doubt your child needs the 45lb weight limit but the headwings are a nice feature.
We've used the MyRide once FF for my son when he was 27 months old and he seemed to like it fine. I think it made a great FF seat even though it reclined more than most seats in that position.

NannyMom

If you MR is loosening over time, have you tried twisting the latchplate (buckle, male end) 180*? Or using a locking clip?

abigaylebelle

Are you only looking for a 40lb rearfacing limit? If 35lb would work I would recommend the true fit. It has lockoffs so it won't tip in your van, the sides come up really high around the baby, and it costs around $150
ETA cute baby! He looks fairly tall all over, but not unusually long waisted

I would love to swap my Ma for a true fit or something, but looks like I might have to end up selling it on CL?

Anyone know what I should list it as? Its an 08' model with the newer 35 r'fing weight limit.

Thanks! :love:

Kat_Momof3

I definitely think the truefit... because it doesn't look like he needs a ton more weight limit for rearfacing as much as he needs height room (going by the shots of him in the other thread in the MA.

And when it comes to head room, you just can't beat the truefit.

Radians are great, too... doesn't have to be the priciest one... they are nice and tall.

I would hit the swap area and post there... that you're looking to trade it and what kind of seat you are looking to trade it for...

you can even do a for sale OR trade thread...

the recipe for figuring out the value of a seat

take the lifespan - 6yrs
the price
and how much life is left (about 4yrs)

(Price/Lifespan) x Life left = Value

Maedze

That's not really an accurate estimate unless the seat is NIB :eek: You need to take a good chunk OFF that number based on condition of seat. Just the fact that it's used knocks roughly 50 off the seat. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC