New Car Seat Needs

tl01

I need ideas for a new seat. DS MIGHT start riding home with a friend of his from school one day a week (assuming she uses the seat properly). We've already discussed proper usage and that I'm going to be a stickler about it.

Right now, I have one of DS's RNXT installed in her car but it is the seat I like to keep in DH's car and have on hand for when I travel to my parents house.

Right now she has two MA's installed in her Acura MDX. Each is FFing and outboard. DS will be in the middle. Does anyone else know of a seat that will fit back there? I'd like to buy a seat to keep in her car so I can get my RNXT back. I'm trying to figure out what the next most narrow seat is.

Also, we are expecting in May. I'm thinking that instead of buying another base for the infant seat, I'd rather buy a Cocorro that we could then have on hand for travel once the baby moves out of the infant seat. DH is quite tall and puts his seat back very far. We have pretty big cars but he still gets frustrated with the seats being to close to his seat. I"m thinking the Cocorro will buy us the most space. I might even be able to put one seat on the passenger side and another in the middle instead of putting one behind DH.

New wrench in the plans. I think we will not need a seat immediately for the new baby for DH's car b/c apparently he just found our SS1 that we thought had been lost in our move. We have been looking for it for months.... probably a year. I think I'll try installing it next to my Frontier to see what happens.

Last edited:
ADS

Kat_Momof3

for a spare for that kind of use for your son, ride safer travel vest...

for new baby... definitely a coccoro... it fits newborns so well and is such an awesome seat it makes many of us want to have a new baby just for a reason to buy it!

tl01

for a spare for that kind of use for your son, ride safer travel vest...

for new baby... definitely a coccoro... it fits newborns so well and is such an awesome seat it makes many of us want to have a new baby just for a reason to buy it!

I thought about the vest but then was worried
about DS's head next to the MAs. Also I'm thinking the vest might be harder for her bc she has never used one. I assume the belt has to be threaded each time.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC