Do I win a prize? LOL!

todzwife

For having some of the tiniest kids ever? I posted a pic of my 4 YO RFing in a scenera (with room to grow). Today, I realized that my 6 year old could still RF in the Radian XTSL. He's 42 pounds fully clothed on the doctor's scale. Unfortunately, this isn't something I'm very happy about, he's extremely thin and I'm trying to feed him high calorie meals and adding coconut oil to everything.

Anyway. Is there anyone else out there who has super tiny kids? I'm thinking a coccoro may not be a bad investment for our new baby, especially if it makes it easier to buckle a booster seat when the time comes. (6 YO has about 5 more inches in the RN until he gets to 53")

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yeah, Piper is 43 pounds at 7.5 years. In September she still had 1" above her head in the True Fit. She had a ton of room in the CA above her head. She's not remarkably short, but short enough. And very light.

I'm not in the least bit concerned about her weight or size. She's perfect.

Wendy

Jan06twinmom

I think you babies are smaller than my DD. I have one petite DD and one huge DS - and they are twins! They just turned five years old a couple of weeks ago.

DD is almost 40in tall and weighs 35lbs. She hit the 33lb rf limit on our seats at 4 years and 4 months old.

DS is around 46.5in tall and weighs 54lbs. He hit the 33lb rf limit on our seats at 2.5 years old.

So they are almost 7 inches apart in height and 19lbs. Many people don't realize they are twins because of the size difference!

Melanie

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
N is small. He's 5y2m and 37lbs and currently RF in a Radian80. I have no doubt that he could make it to 6, possibly 6.5 RF in an XTSL or 80SL. He's still got about 1.5-2 inches of torso growth before hitting the 1'' mark.

lovinwaves

I've got some small kids. Almost 6 years old and 36lbs. 4 1/2 years old and 34lbs. They're not skinny, just a small package I guess, lol. I think they both fit in the Scenera.

They weren't small as babies. In fact my boy was 9lbs 2oz at birth.

I'm 5'10". Go figure :rolleyes:

You can also see them rear-facing in a Safety 1st Complete Air here: http://carseatblog.com/?p=4038

11865_196220279413_612249413_3994388_627134_n.jpg
8432_167339114413_612249413_3725029_5798088_n.jpg

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
DS is tiny, dd was huge, lol. See that sweet angel in sy sig? She was THE fattest baby you've ever imagined. 31 pounds at 8 months old. She looked like the michelin man, lol.

karlatta

DS1's biosister was 42" and 42 pounds at age 8.5. Tiny! And she was all legs, so I'm sure she could have RF in a RN XTSL. (I put her in HBB, though.)

mommaon112903

Josef is 6yrs1month, 44lbs fully clothed. Always has been on the smaller size for weight, but we are not worried about him since he follows *his* growth curve.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC