Peg Perego PLIKO P3 CLASSICO

ncmom

Please - Can you offer me your personal reviews on this stroller?
The stroller will be used for an infant & my 3 year old.

Which infant car seats are compatible with this stroller?
Do I need to purchase extra accessories?

Im expecting & looking for a new stroller & infant car seat.

With my first baby we received an Eddie Bauer travel system as a shower gift & we had terrible luck with it!

We are looking at the Joovy Caboose too?

ADS

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I love love loooovveee the p3s. I actually had 2 of them. One in Hip Hop and then I sold that one for a Rose one. My DD is too old for them, but I just cannot go on and on enough about how great of a stroller it was. I love the adjustable handles (i'm short, her dad is super tall), the full canopy, the narrow umbrella fold, the toddler bar rocked when my DD just wanted to hop on and ride. It was so worth the money! I was just an all around awesome stroller!

Depending on what carseat you buy you're probably going to have to buy a car seat adapter. I know peg perego makes graco adapters (I believe they come with the seat) and of course you can use a primo viaggo (sp?) car seat as a travel system.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I love love loooovveee the p3s. I actually had 2 of them. One in Hip Hop and then I sold that one for a Rose one. My DD is too old for them, but I just cannot go on and on enough about how great of a stroller it was. I love the adjustable handles (i'm short, her dad is super tall), the full canopy, the narrow umbrella fold, the toddler bar rocked when my DD just wanted to hop on and ride. It was so worth the money! I was just an all around awesome stroller!

I so totally agree with everything you just said! I love my P3 :D

I used my graco snugride with no problems. The new P3's now come with a seatbelt extender so you can buckle your infant seat in. At the airport I was able to put the back of the stroller down and put my MA in the stroller(forward facing), put my DS in and then push him in it. It was a tight fit, but it worked great :D

lovinwaves

I have a 2004 P3 Pliko(first year of new model), and I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine! I never got to use it with an infant seat though. We use it now with my little boy riding in the front and then my almost 3 year old hitcing a ride on the back. I love the high side wings for the front passenger. That is a really nice feature for younger babies heads, well heck even my 2.5 year old finds them handy when she falls asleep in the stroller.

I would highly recommend this stroller! :D

6285608_348.ts1163973765935.jpg
6284933_348.ts1163973717535.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I had the OLD-style Pliko Matic/Pliko Sherpa when I was a nanny. I loved that stroller!!! I have heard the Pliko P3 is even better.

tl01

I just wanted to add my $.02 on the Peg Pliko. I really like this stroller. I like how it folds up, I like how it steers, DS likes the tray, and he seems to think it is quite comfortable. We have taken it on airplane trips and it handled the trip well.

lovinwaves

Here are some photos of my almost 3 year old on the back of it today while at the mall. She LOVES hitching a ride.

Also, I would like to comment on the Joovy Caboose. DH and I test drove it at BRU and didn't particular like it. We felt like it was a tank, and very hard to steer. We thought our Graco Duoglider steered much easier and was easier to fold up. I like the looks of the Joovy, and how sturdy it is, but it wasn't our cup of tea. My friend just sold her's. She had it for about six months and ended up using her Perego Venezia much more, so she sold her Joovy. You may like it however.....

8317124_1024.ts1170804685776.jpg

8316644_1024.ts1170809456063.jpg

8316499_1024.ts1170809479111.jpg

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
LOL since were all sharing the P3 love...
Here's the Princess (I think she's 3 1/2 in that pic) at DisneyWorld just waiting to get her autograph book signed.

Amaris

I was looking at the pliko p3 today in BRU and man is it nice.....I want one. The problem is that DH doesn't think I need to spend $325 on a stroller. So how do I convince him that I should?? If it were a car seat he wouldn't blink an eye if I said we needed it for one of the kids to be safe, but for a stroller he says no way. It seems about the only way I can convince him is to prove that there aren't any cheaper full size strollers that are safe!!! Since I know that's not really true what else can I tell him?? He will not go into BRU with me to look at things because he knows I'll spend an hour looking at car seats and at least another 30 minutes looking at strollers!!

lovinwaves

I was looking at the pliko p3 today in BRU and man is it nice.....I want one. The problem is that DH doesn't think I need to spend $325 on a stroller. So how do I convince him that I should?? If it were a car seat he wouldn't blink an eye if I said we needed it for one of the kids to be safe, but for a stroller he says no way. It seems about the only way I can convince him is to prove that there aren't any cheaper full size strollers that are safe!!! Since I know that's not really true what else can I tell him?? He will not go into BRU with me to look at things because he knows I'll spend an hour looking at car seats and at least another 30 minutes looking at strollers!!

Ok, very simple. Have your DH push the P3 around. Well, actually put a kid in it and push it around (I think it pushes better with some weight in it). Once my Dh did that he was sold. I had him also push the Joovy. He hated it, and said the P3 pushed much better.

Then buy a used one if he is still not convinced. I bought mine for $90!!!!

Go to Yahoo Groups StrollerSwap. That is where I got mine...

nursekori

Ok, very simple. Have your DH push the P3 around. Well, actually put a kid in it and push it around (I think it pushes better with some weight in it). Once my Dh did that he was sold. I had him also push the Joovy. He hated it, and said the P3 pushed much better.

Then buy a used one if he is still not convinced. I bought mine for $90!!!!

Go to Yahoo Groups StrollerSwap. That is where I got mine...

Hey Melissa, I fell in love with your peg when I saw it in the pics! I would be very interested in finding one used. I joined the stroller swap group on yahoo and am awaiting approval for membership. Any tricks of the trade you want to share for getting a good deal on a higher-end stroller???:D

lovinwaves

Actually I bought mine off of Craigslist, but later found out she was a member of Strollerswap. She didn't sell it on StrollerSwap because she didn't want to ship it. Well, she was in St.Louis and I am in KC, but thankfully she was a sweety and shipped it to me for $112.00.

The secret is to be patient....

I also bought my Maclaren Quest for $65 on our local Craigslist. It was in perfect condition but the Recline Mechanism had broke. My FIL fixed it beautifully so now I have over $500 worth of stroller for $175!! DH is very happy. Now I am searching for my next double....

Last edited:

Ahzryn

Now I'm intrigued...is there a weight limit, either on the seat or the footboard, of the P3? I have a KidCo single and a double than I do like, but I think the Kick board would be better for us now.

Ahzryn

Hmmn, Amazon lists it as 45 pounds, wonder where they got that from.

I wish I could find where I put the manual for my KidCo single stroller now....it has pads on the back like the P3 and the Chicco C1, I'll feel silly if those are actually footrests for a second child. I can't find the manual online anywhere, since it looks like KidCo got out of the stroller business.

bbartlettnfld

The P3 is great for a second rider BUT only when the seat is not reclined.. So if you buy it and plan to use a carseat in it your older DD with NOT be able to use the toddler step..
I'm surprised that no one has said this. I liked it and had 2 but then they kinda got too "big" for my needs..

Oh and strollerSwap is awesome I have been a member since 2003!

lovinwaves

The P3 is great for a second rider BUT only when the seat is not reclined.. So if you buy it and plan to use a carseat in it your older DD with NOT be able to use the toddler step..
I'm surprised that no one has said this. I liked it and had 2 but then they kinda got too "big" for my needs..

Oh and strollerSwap is awesome I have been a member since 2003!

Aw, yes I forgot to mention this as well. I never had my P3 when my baby was an infant, so I never needed the incline as much.

The Toddler on the back step though *can* ride if it's just a baby in the front seat at a slight recline.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC