Short Strap Radian strikes again...and I DO get to keep both covers!

JaRylan

I have that in writing now, lol. I love the Coastal Blue but the Granite goes better with my car interior.

Previous threads related to this topic:

Too short harness in Radian
Anyone else had trouble with the harness length in the Radian 65. My 4.5 year old is average sized, but has no room left in the harness - it is bordering on too tight, and I can't see any way to make it longer - the metal part at the back is right up against the slots...Amy:confused:

Woohoo! Short strap Radian 65 solution.
You'll never believe what just happened to me! My short strap Radian 65 in granite is being replaced with a coastal blue radian (won't have any granite in for another month or two). Only thing I'm wondering about is what the DOM is for the blue Radian since they are no longer making those covers. I asked Brad (Canadian rep) and he said he wouldnt' be able to find out since they are all boxed up. Then I asked him what I should do with my current seat once my replacement seat arrives..he said I could pitch it and keep the cover! It will be so nice to have an extra cover.

So my replacement coastal blue Radian 65 arrived 8 days ago, so far all is good, though I do have to go out and check for the cracks that Remken found in her seat. After another email to Russ he said that I could keep both covers :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Here are a few other things that I thought I would mention.

- Impossible for the consumer to replace the straps themselves since it would require a triangular head screwdriver. So wonder what a person is supposed to do if the straps need replacing due to fraying?

- My ex went to go buy his own Radian 65 today in Brandon, Manitoba at a Canadian Tire. The seat on display appeared to be a short strap Radian. I told him to open the box before he purchased one and check it out. Haven't heard back from him as to what he found.

- So do you think that they shipped all the short strap Radians to Canada since we are only allowed to use them to 48lbs as the law stands?

- I still haven't made it down to the 3 local Canadian Tire's to check which strap length they have in stock.

- The picture that shows 3 different coloured Radians installed in a vehicle all would appear to be short strap seats.

- I can't remember if there were any other questions. LOL.

:)

ADS

remken

Glad you get to keep both covers.

Whats the date on your straps? Mine are august 2005. A month before the date my actual seat was made.

scatterbunny

Impossible for the consumer to replace the straps themselves since it would require a triangular head screwdriver. So wonder what a person is supposed to do if the straps need replacing due to fraying?

Or what if your child throws up on them and you need to replace them?

beeman

You might be able to find the triangular head screwdriver, should the need to replace straps arise. If they are around, they will be in your higher end tool stores, and will probably be on the pricey side. you might be able to make a 6 sided allan key work, as long as you don't use to much pressure, causing the head to be circled out. Be careful with this to, as it may void warranty.

canadianmom2three

I think you are right about Canada JaRylan, it seems to me that we have more than our fair share of the '50 or so':rolleyes: seats that SK told me were made with the short straps, at least if my experience is any indication...I returned my short strap one and then was waiting to see about the price on the premier. When I found outhow much it was going to be, I went out and bought another 65, and it was a short strap AGAIN:mad: Russ handed me over to Brad, from SK canada, who is not quite as friendly IMO, but said he would send me another one, as my local CT and all others nearby have none in stock. I am still waiting after almost 1 1/2 weeks, so hopefully it will be here soon...and hopefully it will have longer straps;)

kelly

We bought a set of "weird" screwdrivers at Home Depot. Stars, squares, triangles, etc. I think there were 6-8 different things. It wasn't expensive at all. Our dishwasher had stars and we needed to remove the front panel. :)

Also, I wonder if they'd send you one with a new harnesses set? Like those DIY furniture items that include the allen wrench? Or, are they calling it a non-consumer replaceable part, I wonder?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC