Marathon and seat protectors

cookie123

What does Britax say regarding anything under the car seat in the manual, does anyone know without checking? I'm at work, and I want to tell a mom what they say! It's an older seat - maybe 5 years.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I looked up 5-year-old Marathon instructions and they provide no guidance on this issue. Want me to see if a newer set of instructions does?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I read the manual front to back. I made up 1/20/05 as the DOM.

I can read a newer manual if you'd like me to.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Q. Can I use things like seat protectors or mirrors with my Britax seat?

A. No; do not use non-regulated products with or on Britax products. The following is a statement included in each Britax user guide: "The use of non-Britax Child Safety, Inc. covers, inserts, toys, accessories, or tightening devices is not approved by Britax. Their use could cause this child seat to fail federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or not perform as intended in a crash."

That's straight from Britax's FAQ online. http://www.britaxusa.com/customer-service/faq/general-questions

Also, in their manuals they have a statement against aftermarket products in the warranty section at the end.

I'm pretty sure if you call them they'll tell you seat protectors aren't ok.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I did see the statement about non-Britax products but it says "such as mirrors, toys" etc. It doesn't list seat protectors. Which is kind of strange to me as they are the MOST used aftermarket product I see with any kind of seat, but especially Britax seats.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Who knows why they don't have seat protectors in the blurb in the manual; they do have them in the FAQ though, so I'm pretty sure they're included. I personally don't understand the need for a seat protector under a Britax seat. I have installed them (very tightly) in my car w/ leather seats and had no issues with them causing any damage.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, I agree. It's just that I've had parents come in and when I tell them not to use them they say, "But I didn't see anything in the manual..."

Nice to know I can send them to the FAQ now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC