Please calm my nerves

my2boys

DS1 is almost 6. Just bought a Turbo yesterday and will be going for a test drive later today or tomorrow. I am so nervous! My stomach is in knots. I know this is the next step in carseats but anymore I'm nervous whenever we go out because of all the traffic here and idiot drivers.
Please reassure me (again) that the Turbo is a good seat.

I think a few months down the road, after I get my car back, I am going to save for the PW SG for my car. Then this will be a backup for DH's truck.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Turbo is a fine booster and I'd put my child in one without a second thought.

It'll be ok. :)

Wendy

I have one also for the kids I take care of (6 or older) I only have the backless version in order for it to fit in the trunk of my tiny Beetle and have with me at all times (most of the time I watch Anna short notice/school pick up etc) I mostly use it with a 62lb pretty tall 7 year old and even the backless one makes me feel very comfortable. She fits in it very well and in my opinion it is a wonderful seat! All the kids I have used it for have fit in it very well and love it :eek: She rides in the high back version in her mom's car and also fits very nicely.

I showed Anna some YouTube videos about what boosters are for in order to teach her why she needed to be back in one and not to lean forward or move about etc. She's mature enough to understand and I was shocked at how much that worked. Her mom said that she freaked out one time this month when she had to ride without her booster (about a block) and lectured her mom about how important it was for her to have it :thumbsup: She was without one in her parents car for 2 years until about 6 months ago when I went ahead and told her mom I recommended it. I'm very happy she has such a great mom and listened and that she likes the Turbo so much :eek:

my2boys

Any chance you could link to some of those videos? I'd love to see them but I'm not the best at finding things on youtube.

I

incognito

I think you'll be fine. But you should calm down or you'll freak your LO out.

Any chance you could link to some of those videos? I'd love to see them but I'm not the best at finding things on youtube.

I'll take a look...I just searched "booster seats" and showed her one or two. I found one crash test clip that had two dummies side by side- one in a booster and one in an adult belt. That was the one that made Anna realize how important it was to sit in her seat. I would be cautious about showing them to a child as some kids will be very disturbed by them...she is mature in that sense and understood clearly that they were dummies...I explained that it was how they tested the car seats with fake people and fake car crashes before letting her see. Some kids wouldn't grasp the whole concept though... I'll go look now and update this post in a minute.

my2boys

I think you'll be fine. But you should calm down or you'll freak your LO out.
I'm not outwardly nervous, for this reason. It's just internally and DH knows I'm nervous. But we're trying to make it exciting for a new big boy seat for DS.

DisneyWorldNanny - thank you so much. I appreciate it.

Julianna uses a turbo booster in both cars, it was just the best fitting booster on her that we tried, and we have been really happy with them. :) I think she is safe in the TB

I've had trouble finding that great video I found last time... I will look further when I have time but perhaps if you just go to YouTube and type in "booster seats" you'll see plenty of great (and some not so great) videos. I had found one that had two dummies side by side...one in a HBB and one without and I wish I had bookmarked it :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC