Has my little man outgrown his MA Rf'ing? PICS included

So last night I decided to switch out Evans MR with his MA, just to change the routine of it all. I really like the MA and I love the rear facing tether it has for my non LATCH van :( So I put the MR in Dh car and it fits beautifully and since he has a rear facing LATCH, it makes it way better. I dont like how the MR fits in my van, always seems lopsided and it moves alot too :(
So I am including pics of Evan from this morning in his MA. He is 31 lbs and this seat was manufactures in 08 so I think its a 33lb r'fing limit.
Tell me how does he look? I know that he seems more comfy in the MR.

photo-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

3-3.jpg

2-6.jpg

ADS

featherhead

He still has some room heightwise. I'm not good at guessing from pictures, but I would think 1-2 inches to grow. Sounds like he is pretty close to the weight limit. Are you planning to get a different seat to keep him rear-facing?

mommy-medic

... this seat was manufactures in 08 so I think its a 33lb r'fing limit.

There will be a sticker on the base just under tha harness adjuster strap that will tell you for sure if it's a 33 or a 35. (Don't think you can see it while installed but there should be stickers on the sides as well with the weight limits) My June 08 BLVD is a 35.

He still has room to grow in it.

Misty-Bug

wouldn't it be in her manual as well? He looks like he has LOTS of room left. And even if it is the 33lb seat it can take at least a year, sometimes more to gain that. Depends when he starts to level out

crunchierthanthou

So I am including pics of Evan from this morning in his MA. He is 31 lbs and this seat was manufactures in 08 so I think its a 33lb r'fing limit.
Tell me how does he look? I know that he seems more comfy in the MR.

They switched to 35 lbs in Feb 08. Anything with a DOM of March 08 or later should be 35 lbs. Another clue is the harness. They switched to the double click style at the same time. If both buckle tongues click, it is likely a 35 lb seat. The LATCH bars went from smooth to slightly textured then as well. but like Mommy-medic said, it's on your label for sure.

Thanks everyone. I guess from seeing him for so long sitting really low and such side impact protection in the MR, he looks so darn big for the MA now. :( I really like how he fits in his MR so much better, he just looks like he is sitting "in" the seat of the MR and not on "top" of the seat like in the MA.
But the MA fits way better with the rear tether than the MR in my van.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It looks like the straps are really far below his shoulders. It's possible that if you move them up a notch, they will actually be at his shoulders, in the higher slot, and may hold him back in the seat better (it looks like he can lean pretty far forward, which is just as bad RF as FF, like, in a side impact or rear crash, where you want to make sure the harness is holding him snugly against the seatback). If you put them in the higher slots and they are like .5-1 inch above his shoulders, put them back down, of course (it's easy to switch them with the seat installed, just loosen the harness a lot so you can pull the straps way out in the back).
:)

Wow I didnt realize that about the harness straps. I will see about making them a notch higher and see where he is on that level. Thanks for the advice!!
Also I doont know how to change the harness without taking the sea tout first. So I will just take out the seat. Its so easy to install it back anyways.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Perhaps you've already uninstalled, but it's pretty easy to change harness height on the MA when it's installed RF. Loosen the harness all the way so that the splitter plate is above the black harness cover. Unhook one of the straps, pull it out from the front and then thread it through the next slot, making sure it goes through the correct slot in the cover, EPS foam, and plastic shell. Hook it back to the splitter plate. Do the same thing with the other side. Then you should be good to go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC