MR65 won't tighten when installed

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
What have others found that have helped? I put one in for a mom at our event on Sat and now she can't get it tight on baby once baby is in it. I've heard this complaint before but not sure what parents are supposed to do that helps.

ADS

featherhead

I find it quite difficult too. Check to make sure that the extra strap (when using the smaller loops) is on the outside, and that it is not getting caught up on the little plastic cover thing on the back.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Pull the straps tight from behind the seat and then pull the adjuster so it will tighten...thats what I do! Works good for me!

Shanora

make sure to pull the strap up the back of the seat instead of towards the baby....this is what Ihave to do with Cordelia. I tighten, then grab the harnesses make sure its tight around the legs and all the extra slack is pull toward the top of the seat, and then tighten again....this seem sto work for me

NannyMom

Did you try taking it out and reinstalling it? I had that problem once in SIL's car, but the next time I put it in it was fine. Also make sure the extra long harness ends are pointing straight down when stuffing them back in (behind the back harness cover).

mommy-medic

Sometimes if the harness has slack in it it can get caught under the seat while installing. Try making the harness nice and snug before installing- this eliminates any slack- then adjusting as needed.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Complain bitterly to the BRU employee and then return it and buy something else (that's ok, BRU will happily say it's broken and return it to Graco at our expense :rolleyes:)

Uh, just kidding. I like all those tips there, I actually mentioned some of them to the people with the problems :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC