Took pics of the new SR35 at Target for you guys

I know how exciting a new seat cover can be- especially if your Target doesn't have it yet :whistle:

I risked looking like a complete fool tonight taking pics of this seat for you all :love: No children with me and no need personally for an infant seat which is probably quite obvious lookig at me...I only had one couple look at me funny thugh and they were tourists so who cares. Just thought someone might like to see a non stock photo of it.

I didn't have a tape measure with me (sorry) but I took a pic of the slots so you can get an idea if it's any different from the SS1/SR32 It looks the same to me. The cover is very nice for a Target model in my opinion :thumbsup:

001.jpg

002.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

ADS

mamajava

Senior Community Member
What kind of Scenera is that under it! It looks pretty! HA! Oh...I was gonna make a trip to my Target up here in the boondocks and see if we have it here or not! It looks like velvet! I would so go buy it for Miley! HA!

The cover is very nicely made and yes- it is plush but not under wherer the baby would be (which would be super sweaty) The insert and sides of the cover are velvety. The green polka dot part seems like it would be nice and easy to clean...feels a little different than previous covers but not sweaty/uncomfortable....nice and soft but feels stain resistant. I know it's much softer than the "French Roast" SS1 that we had for my sister last year.

What kind of Scenera is that under it! It looks pretty! HA! Oh...I was gonna make a trip to my Target up here in the boondocks and see if we have it here or not! It looks like velvet! I would so go buy it for Miley! HA!

Yes! as a pink fan I must say that's my favorite Scenera pattern yet! it's hot pink/lighter pink with like a flower design (don't know the pattern name, sorry- didn't look at it really). Pretty cool looking and seems a tad more padded than their previous patterns. If I'm back there I'll get real life pic for you- I always have my camera :eek:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I had that Scenera, I'm not big into pink but my kids LOVED it. (I gave it away at a seat check where the NPO I work with had forgotten to bring any seats to distribute. Got a 3 year old back RFing!)

with this seat is it required to use the pillow insert or is that optional ?

I didn't read any details, sorry. I'm sure someone else on here will know! If anything you probably have to remove it at a certain point but I don't see why you couldn't take it out and use rlled up blankets for a small baby but who knows- maybe Graco added some new requirements with this model :confused: as far as I know- all there other seats don't specify much about the inserts other than the MyRide.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I got to go check it out today! YAY, my target finally has something decent on the shelf and right next to it was the OnBoard35 (?)! Nice to see that, where I am, people finally have an option! I really liked the fabric on the Snugride! But what made me more impressed was how low the bottom slots were on the OnBoard!!! That would make an amazing seat for a preemie!!!

Oh and they didn't have any of them pink Scenera's in! Maybe next time I am there they will! Dang...I kinda wanted one! HA!

I got to go check it out today! YAY, my target finally has something decent on the shelf and right next to it was the OnBoard35 (?)! Nice to see that, where I am, people finally have an option! I really liked the fabric on the Snugride! But what made me more impressed was how low the bottom slots were on the OnBoard!!! That would make an amazing seat for a preemie!!!

Oh and they didn't have any of them pink Scenera's in! Maybe next time I am there they will! Dang...I kinda wanted one! HA!

I'm sure they'll have the pink seats soon :eek: My Target has been changing daily...I'm in there a lot :whistle: Good news is that they have about 8-10 of the pink Scenera's out on display which means at least when your store gets them you should be able to grab one no problem :thumbsup:

If I remember correctly it's black and royal blue....I could be wrong but there was another infant seat that looked Dorel-ish next to the SR35 and I believe it was black ith blue accents and something is telling me there was another non-Graco infant seat that was brown and green. I may be completely imagining things just so you know....I didn't look at the others well.

EDIT: if you look in my pics you can se eit beside- I was wrong...looks brown/green or black/green.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
What color was the OnBoard35 Target has in-stock? Just curious!

It was brown and green! Kinda resembled the Snugride! They also had another Dorel infant seat...the cheapo one, can't think of the name! It was blue with circus animals on it. Only the box for that, no display! But they had the Snugride and OnBoard on display and also had a couple under the display! Those are the only new 3 seats we have so far. No new travel systems or anything else! I am gonna have to keep an eye out cause we are in the market for a new Turbo for grandma's vehicle! It was on sale for 45$, plus get a 20$ Target gift card!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC