Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Evenflo Maestro vs. Evenflo Generations 65

Okay so I have been reading and researching about these two seats and I just cannot make up my mind. The child that will be using it will be 4 years old in April. He is 39" tall and 35lbs. I am concerned about a seat being tall enough vs. weight. Therefore, I am confused about the seats. Please correct me if I am wrong about the seats.

Generations 65- this seat has 15.75" top slots?
    Maestro- 18" top slots?

If this is true, would the Maestro be better for him. I am afraid he will grow out of the seat by height before weight. Also, I have a booster for him to use once the seat is outgrown so I am not concerned about using it for a booster.

I know the Maestro head rest does not move up, but from the pictures posted of a 6.5 year old sitting in it, it shouldn't be too much of a problem using it in harness mode?

So, which one? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

Re: Evenflo Maestro vs. Evenflo Generations 65

They have about the same top slots- generations may be slightly shorter, but we're talking about a very slight difference. They're both hovering right around 18 inches.

He will outgrow most seats by height before weight. He'll get closest to the maestro's limit because it's 50 lbs. The weight limits are typically quite a bit higher than you can expect it to accommodate an average child.
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

The Generations is more than 15.75". I got it at just over 16". The Maestro is 18". So the Maestro will last longer in the torso, and for a 35 pound four year old I think it would work beautifully.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Okay. Thanks everybody. The Maestro it is.