RNXTSL cover on a RN65

Laurette

I am so bored and this is a thought that had been buzzing through my head. By looks, it seemed to me there would be no problem with using a XT/XTSL cover on a non-XT model. So I just had to try it.

IMG_0339.jpg

Fits quite nice IMO.

IMG_0340.jpg

Little gap on the side

IMG_0341.jpg

The flap on the top.

I just adjusted the velcro once it was on to help it lay as flat as possible. I think a little extra velcro at the top would make it fit even better. I don't know that I'd reccomend this, since we don't know what SK's opinion is on it. But the only real problem I could think of would be a child slipping their hand into the flap and damaging the foam.

The only thing that didn't fit was the interior hip snap. They are differnt on the two models I own.

Any thoughts?

ADS

mcomommy

Wow I am impressed!! Now only if it worked the other way around. I miss they grey cover I have for my Radian 80.

Cryssy Jane

It fits, however if you call SK, they will not recommend it. Something about it technically being considered after market since it's a different model of seat. I went through this when I wanted all 3 of my RNs to match.

Mama Jo

It fits, however if you call SK, they will not recommend it. Something about it technically being considered after market since it's a different model of seat. I went through this when I wanted all 3 of my RNs to match.

So what do they have to say about their piddle pad, seat protectors, mighty tights, and using the comfy soft in the RN65?? :whistle:

Just curious... :cool:

mommy-medic

Oooh- What DO they say about that piddle pad thing? I wouldn't use one all the time- only after an accident (like the other day- accidents are few and far between but the playplace at Ikea was too distracting and she didn't make it- shes been so good at being potty trained that I didnt have clean clothes and she had to ride home wet- I had to wash my cover.)

I know it's aftermarket- but is it ok to use with their own product since they claim they tested it on their product? (I know Graco makes some strap covers that they say are ok to use on Graco baby seats as well- still falls under aftermarket IMO but made by that manufacturer for their own product... That's typically allowable- so wdyt?)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh- What DO they say about that piddle pad thing? I wouldn't use one all the time- only after an accident (like the other day- accidents are few and far between but the playplace at Ikea was too distracting and she didn't make it- shes been so good at being potty trained that I didnt have clean clothes and she had to ride home wet- I had to wash my cover.)

I know it's aftermarket- but is it ok to use with their own product since they claim they tested it on their product? (I know Graco makes some strap covers that they say are ok to use on Graco baby seats as well- still falls under aftermarket IMO but made by that manufacturer for their own product... That's typically allowable- so wdyt?)

Sunshine Kids states that any of THEIR products can be used with their seats. But apparently you can't put an XT cover on another Radian because *that* would be dangerous. Mighty-Tite is fine though. :rolleyes:

mommy-medic

Thats kind of what I thought- If I got a Radian would I really feel comfortable using that piddle pad thing? Heck I would have put a thin folded towel under her tushie the other day just so pee didn't get all in the cover- ick! (Poor thing- she's been fully potty trained- even at night- for about 9 months now and only has an accident about once a month. She was crying "It's cold!" about her bum as I put her in :( )

courtfrog2

I wonder why I couldn't get my malibu XT cover on my RN80? I so wish mine fit like yours fit... it's so nice.

I was all excited about having a pink cover for my 80... :confused:

jsta1005

Has anyone else tried putting an XT cover on a 65 or 80? I am itching to buy a Flora cover but want to hold out till I know it fits!

ETA: just read this on the SK website about the Flora cover... Fits only RadianXTSL car seat frame. Will not fit RadianXT. Why won't it fit the XT?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC