erf seat w/smallest front-to-back space requirement?

teekadog

Title says it all. We're feeling cramped in our Mazda5 but have a least a few more rfing years ahead of us. Thanks for your help.

ADS

aisraeltax

radian XTSL for us. i dont think many would agree w/ me, but in our SUV, i can put my passenger seat further back than i could w/ the BV, TF, or MR.

autumnlily

The Combi Coccoro - but it only ERF to 33lbs and due to shorter shell, it will be outgrown by height before other convertibles (more room than Britax Roundabout).

A non-base convertible might be another suggestion.

mamadelbosque

I have a EFTA and I'm actually amazed at how much space I have. The XTSL is *HUGE* - there was absolutely no way it would fit in my car w/o making the seat infront utterly unusable. I have a baby trend flex loc and it takes up a good couple more inches than the EFTA. I should be getting a TFP on monday, and can't wait to see how it fits. But, since you can take the top of it off for the first few months, I'm expecting it to fit quite well.

amyd

The True Fit is pretty good for this. Takes up less room front to back than either the Marathon or Radian in my Civic.

teekadog

So all of these would be better than our current Marathon?

The passenger is currently almost 2 and about 23 pounds. His two older sibs both rfed to 4.5yo, when they reached their seats 33 lb rfing limit. And I would have loved to have kept them rfing longer but the seats to do so weren't available. Our Marathon expires in just over a year, so I'm starting to stash away money for the next seat. Window shopping helps me keep my eyes on the prize :)

I want something he'll still be able to rf in, but we're all tired of being cramped. The little seats like the Cocorro are out since he'll be 3 by then. I've tried the Radian but can't remember if it fit well or not. It doesn't work in my third row so I didn't bother giving it much consideration.

Well, thank you for your help, I will eyeball these seats. The Complete Air is like the Scenera, isn't it? I know some people love it, but I hate the base on the Scenera, I just suck at installing it. And doesn't the TF take up more room once you have to add the upper part? I think I'd have to do that with my 3yo.

abacus2

The Scenera is shaped a little differently than the Complete Air. The CA is a lot like the Avenue which takes up less front-to-back room in my Chevy Cavalier than a 22lb Snugride when installed quite upright for my 11 month old.

aisraeltax

I have a EFTA and I'm actually amazed at how much space I have. The XTSL is *HUGE* - there was absolutely no way it would fit in my car w/o making the seat infront utterly unusable. I have a baby trend flex loc and it takes up a good couple more inches than the EFTA. I should be getting a TFP on monday, and can't wait to see how it fits. But, since you can take the top of it off for the first few months, I'm expecting it to fit quite well.

see, i know many people say that but for some reason, in my SUV, it takes up much less space for an older child. even dh told me he was amazed after getting it installed that it went lower than the DVD player (i broke one of them w/ the BV b/c i put my seat back too far) and we can put our passenger seat back further. I know it doesnt give much more room in a car, but for my SUV, for some reason, we have more room. Maybe its b/c of the way my seats are and i can get it really well in the seat...i dont know.

OP, why wont hte XTSL fit in your 3d row?

if you want to keep your child RF as long as possible, the XTSL is your best bet at this point.

teekadog

The Radian65 I tried had... quirks. And the 3rd row of the Mazda5 has quirks. And all those quirks just don't get along. I believe even Defrost and Gypsy couldn't get a get install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC