going to rural Mexico, Car seat in taxis, tour buses, etc?

orangemnms

We will be going on a cruise in early sept with our then 6.5 month old and 2.5 year old. We will be taking several day trips, I would assume using taxis and tour buses. We will be taking the infant carrier, assuming she is still within the weight limit. However, LOL, I think I would be hard pressed to lug the Husky with us onto each bus. Any suggestions, ideas, etc.?

TIA!

Gina
Adam, 25 mos (33 lbs)
Emily, 4 mos (13 lbs)

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Good question-

Large buses may not even have seatbelts, though its a great idea to have a restraint for a smaller taxi with crazy drivers...

Also, you'll probably want a harnessed seat for the 2.5 year old on the plane trips as well, assuming you will be flying.

The Husky is big for travel. Perhaps a combo booster model like those at http://www.car-safety.org/carseats.html#comb or http://home.earthlink.net/~carseatsite/recommended_car_seats.htm ?

The Fisher Price Futura is another option that is not too heavy for travel. The Britax Laptop is great for travel, but is not approved for airplanes:-(

Others hopefully have some good ideas, too. One of the larger convertibles might work fine, depending on how heavy the 2.5 year old is...

Have a good trip!

orangemnms

Re: Good question-

Hi, Darren, and thanks for the quick reply. I have been a lurker for a looong time, and thouroghly enjoy the site.

For clarification, we will be driving to our port (Los Angeles), so no flight. I do have a FPSE that I could bring along, but I guess my question is more geared to asking whether (lol) the taxis would even have functioning seat belts. Also, it never occured to me that the tour buses might not have seat belts altogether.

Got anymore laptops you would like to sell?? :big grin: I think that would prob be our best option given the circumstances. Our 2 year old is at 33 lbs. He is a BIG boy!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hi-

Hard to say about taxis, they vary a lot. Plus in Mexico, it may vary even more.

I do not have any more Laptops, sorry:-( Ebay has them now and then, though the prices keep going up. My last one went for an obscene $135 dollars, I almost felt guilty about that but it's paying for this website and forum in part:)

Darren

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC