Help with three across and latch limits.

nevaehsmommy

Car is 03 Ford Focus.

I am buying from my mom and dad who had loaned it to my brother. Bless his heart he was trying to get a good install and choose to use a mighty tight. Unfortanutally, the mighty tight got wrapped around the seat belt wrong and the seat belt had to be cut to get the mighty tight unistalled. So the driver rear seat is only able to be used with latch.

So I have the question. Car manuel is missing (again dear old bro) What is the latch limit? I have been able to get the true fit, 3-1 and evenflo bucket three across.
True Fit -FFing 3 year old, 36 lbs.
3-1-Rfing 18 month old , 20 lbs even
Evenflo may or may not be used for newest arrival.

Considering My ride RFing for three year old IF I can get three across by putting new baby to be in the true fit instead and leave 1 year old in the 3-1 . I have taken the base off the 3-1 for more space.

Would this work or will I need a radian to get my daughter RFing again and be able to get three across. And the latch limits?

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
The LATCH limit for the focus is 48 lbs. But honestly, the LATCH bars are so far from the edges of the seat that you'll have better luck installing with all seatbelts.

I haven't tried that particular combination of seats, but based on my experience (I tried a lot of combinations to get a 3-across in my 2003 Focus), I'd be surprised if it worked. Might be do-able if you replace one of the convertibles with a Radian. (For the record, I have two FF Radians outboard and a KeyFit center, and it's a very tight fit.)

Have you checked the 3-across thread to see what others have been able to do in a Focus? I don't have a link handy but I think it's stickied at the top of the installation forum.

nevaehsmommy

I am able to get three across with the seats I have NOW.

I guess then when Nevaeh gets to 48 pounds I could just switch her to the passenger side and put issabella outboard driver and keep baby in the middle.

Seems like an easy fix....unless, well, I would love to rear face her again. She asks to be rear facing nearly every time we drive....Issabella wont be 48 pounds until high school at her rate of growth. LOL

Is the 48 pounds latch limit even with the new Radians and the super latch. Not really up to date with the whole radian buisness.

nevaehsmommy

That would work for about 4 more pounds....what is the rate of growth for a preschooler?

she has been on a vegan kick lately. Only carrots, brussel sprounds and broccoli.... with guacomole dip

Do you think Driver to outboard RN MR TF would work or is there a better way to puzzle them. All rear facing. Or RN MR RN

nevaehsmommy

"BookMamma

2003 Ford Focus wagon

RF My Ride, KeyFit 30, FF Radian 65 - all seatbelt

Checked by a tech.

It's very tight, but all seats are installed independently, and none touch the door. In fact, I could probably move the Radian another 1" toward the door, and may do so with the Radian and the KeyFit in order to give the MyRide a tad more room."

"Munchkin
2007 Ford Focus

Passenger - middle - driver

FF Frontier (LBP) - RF Radian - RF Marathon
All with seat belts and tethered. "

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC