Votes: 4 19.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • clicky box

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

ginny4

thinking ahead here....
lets say the newly turned 8yo child outgrew the turbo HBB height wise. would you be willing to put her in a backless booster (full time) provided she fit well & had head support of course? or would you get another HBB?

ADS

Maedze

Yeah, I'd be fine with that (assuming that my vehicle didn't have scary side impact crash ratings). I'd be especially fine with it if the child, was, say, seated in the middle, or on the side with side-impact air curtains.

NannyMom

I'd be fine with it. My 9 year old is still in a HBB, but she has a short torso. If she was too tall for her boosters (Vivo, TB), she'd be in backless.

AtTheSouthDam

I'd be fine with because I doubt my daught at 8y will fit into any highback booster. She is 6 and out growing the TB... :(

emandbri

I'm trying to figure how which kid you are talking about. If you mean the 5.5 year old when she turns 8 I would put her in the monterey since you already have it.

ginny4

I'm trying to figure how which kid you are talking about. If you mean the 5.5 year old when she turns 8 I would put her in the monterey since you already have it.

yep you're right, the 5.5yo. i was debating on whether i will keep the monterey or not. it doesn't fit her as i like now tho may fit her later when she is 8. as of now she doesn't want any seat that is NOT pink. the monterey is red. :rolleyes: i like passing seats down the line.....the monterey will expire before my youngest DS is even 8yo. DD can use it til she outgrows it. i think as of today i'm gonna hang onto the monterey for a back up seat

i gotta stop thinking so far ahead. LOL

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
To me, an 8yo in a backless full-time is comparable to a 5yo in a booster full-time -- many kids are ready to make the switch, but many are not. I'm fine with it if they are truly ready and the seat can be used properly (good fit, adequate head support, etc.).

Just asking but what dont you like about the Monterey? I have been thinking about getting that seat for my 7.5 yr old 60+ lb son? I cant see shelling out 100+ dollars for a seat he is only going to use a couple of months but I am interested on views on it if things dont get any better with him

ginny4

Just asking but what dont you like about the Monterey? I have been thinking about getting that seat for my 7.5 yr old 60+ lb son? I cant see shelling out 100+ dollars for a seat he is only going to use a couple of months but I am interested on views on it if things dont get any better with him

i LOVE the monterey! it just fits big kids better than smaller ones. My DD is narrow in the shoulders only 48lbs & its just too wide for her. the shoulder belt is close to the edge of her arm & if she leans to the side (she has lots of side room) for comfort she'll be out of the belt. my sons fit beautifully in it but they were much older & bigger than she is right now. i'd say a 60lb child should fit really well in it.
once they were out of the monterey they pass the 5step test.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC