CPST's in Canada... how do you become one?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I have loved car seats and have been a CPS Advocate ever since I discovered Aiden's new convertible seat would not fit in our two door honda civic si-r rearfacing. That got me on the boards looking for one that would fit and pointed me forever in the right direction of keeping my kids safe in the car. That was almost five years ago. How did my baby get so big??? Now I have two and my knowledge just keeps growing thanks to boards like these.

Sorry that was kind of longwinded. I really just want to know how to become a CPST. Is that what we call them in Canada? Sometimes I see them listed differently for Canada. I am just outside of Calgary, Alberta if that helps for info.

What can I do with it once I do have it? I never see car seat checks around here and even trying to find info about them online is next to impossible.

Thanks,
Jen
Aiden 03-28-02 in a RN
Mikkel 05-05-05 in a MA

ADS

Lea_Ontario

Contact St. John's Ambulance and ask them if they run the car-seat tech certifications for your area. That is who I was in contact with here (Ontario).

tiggercat

In Canada we are called CRST's = Children's Restraint System Techs.

I took the course at my local Transport Canada office, we are certified through St John's Ambulance, I believe. Let me check my tech card to be sure.

Natalie

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I am going to be taking the course through St. John's Ambulance as well. It is being put on by our Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI). I found info. about the course from the MPI website and then just contacted them.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Thanks everybody. I e-mailed St. John's and am waiting to hear back from them. There is no course listed in the Calgary area on their website so we'll see what they say.

Jen

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC