brrrrrrrrrrr!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
It's cold out today/tonight! At the moment it is -27C (-16.6F) and feels like -41C (-41.8F) and the wind is only supposed to pick up :eek:

Our weather isn't supposed to warm up anytime soon, Wednesday is a high of
-19C (-2.2F) not factoring in the wind, and that is the next warmest day :eek: . And to think the ground hog didn't see his shadow! If he thinks this is spring he is crazy!

Is anyone else experiencing crazy cold temps?

Here is a Temperature Conversion Chart for anyone who might need to convert the temp!

ADS

arly1983

Thats funny. Here is south Georgia it got down to 27 and everyone acts like they are freezing. You poor things; how do you stand to go anywhere???

JaRylan

It's cold here in Saskatchewan (just above Montana and North Dakota), we've had some nasty windchills and lots of blowing snow. I don't want to go and look at the temperature, lol.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
It's cold here in Saskatchewan (just above Montana and North Dakota), we've had some nasty windchills and lots of blowing snow. I don't want to go and look at the temperature, lol.

It's cold! I looked up Regina and there it is -31 but feels like -43 :eek:

Our temp has dropped as well. Now it is -30 but feels like -44 :eek:

So yep, it's cold so stay warm!

JaRylan

Thanks for looking up my temp Jewels!

It was cold here on Wednesday morning too. Rylan had enough of a fever that he rode in a barely warmed up car seat in a flannel open-back gown with a flannel sheet tucked around him and his toque on his head while they transferred us from one hospital to the other. I actually took his toque off in the ambulance as he was getting hotter.

Okay, I got brave and looked at my thermometer - I must be sitting in a warm, sheltered spot as it is a balmy/nipply -26.5C. ;) That's me with my one eye frozen shut, lol.

Pawy

Ill make you a deal..!!!!!!!

You send us your weather and you can have ours...

Monday 109F
Tue 105F
Wed 112F Ouch....
Thur 101F
Fri 97F
Sat ( Today) 95F...

At my work we have people that fly from Seattle to My workshop In Australia they get off the plane and with in a couple of minutes there ready to pass out.. Its so funny to see.. We rush them off to Air conditioning and try and get them used to the weather over a few hours...

Send me some cold...Please i beg of you....

BTW Our winter here is around a feezing 40F....

:)
Paul

Last edited:

Lea_Ontario

Currently sitting at a mild -13C (9F) with windchill of -21C (-6F).

Hardly mid-winter temps (I'm near Toronto, Ontario).

Michi

It's a 'balmy' 2F with a windchill of -17F here in Wisconsin right now!

Some days I think I would love to move to Canada...today is NOT one of them!;) ( We used to vacation/camp there when I was a kid...in the Summer!!!)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It's cold out today/tonight! At the moment it is -27C (-16.6F) and feels like -41C (-41.8F) and the wind is only supposed to pick up.

Our weather isn't supposed to warm up anytime soon, Wednesday is a high of
-19C (-2.2F) not factoring in the wind, and that is the next warmest day . And to think the ground hog didn't see his shadow! If he thinks this is spring he is crazy!

Is anyone else experiencing crazy cold temps?

Here is a Temperature Conversion Chart for anyone who might need to convert the temp!

OMG!!!!! We are supposed to have three days this week during which the high is 25F, and I thought that was cold. :eek:

The wind chill has been cold here lately, but that is nowhere CLOSE to what you are experiencing!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Ill make you a deal..!!!!!!!

You send us your weather and you can have ours...

Monday 109F
Tue 105F
Wed 112F Ouch....
Thur 101F
Fri 97F
Sat ( Today) 95F...

At my work we have people that fly from Seattle to My workshop In Australia they get off the plane and with in a couple of minutes there ready to pass out.. Its so funny to see.. We rush them off to Air conditioning and try and get them used to the weather over a few hours...

Send me some cold...Please i beg of you....

BTW Our winter here is around a feezing 40F....

:)
Paul

Where in Australia are you? I visited Australia during July-August, so it was technically winter there. Some of the temps were very interesting!
~ In Sydney, the temps were around 60F-65F during the day.
~ Cairns had much warmer temps. I believe it was around 70F-80F.
~ Ayers Rock/Uluru had extreme temps-- 65F during the day, 30F at night
~ Alice Springs was just like Uluru-- 65F-70F during the day, 20F-30F at night.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Australia. The country is beautiful, the people are spectacular, and the animals are great! :) :) I love it there!!

JaRylan

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Current Conditions: A few clouds
Temperature: -33°C
Wind Chill / Humidex: -33°C There is no wind thank goodness so no windchill factor today. :)
Almanac
Normal High : -11°C
Record High: 6.6°C
Normal Low: -22°C Record Low : -42.8°C

Wed we are looking at a high of -26C (-14.8F) and a low of -37C (-34.6F).

Paul I would send you some cold air in a heartbeat...but I don't want to go outside, lol.

Pablomichi - I've been to Wisconsin twice - once to Hammond for a 4-H exchange trip and once to Delavan for the Newfoundland National Specialty (dog show). The humidity in the spring was nice, in the summer it took a little bit of time to adjust.

Pawy

Iam in Northern Queensland...

I live in a part where it doesnt rain its allways sunny and hot.. :(

Australia is nice.. But remember our car seat laws would drive you nuts..!!!!

I saw this cute little girl today riding in her new booster seat.. The only problem is she was about 2...

Iam trying to get a transfer to Washinton.. I need some coldness..

Paul

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Current Conditions: A few clouds
Temperature: -33°C
Wind Chill / Humidex: -33°C There is no wind thank goodness so no windchill factor today. :)
Almanac
Normal High : -11°C
Record High: 6.6°C
Normal Low: -22°C Record Low : -42.8°C

Wed we are looking at a high of -26C (-14.8F) and a low of -37C (-34.6F).
Paul I would send you some cold air in a heartbeat...but I don't want to go outside, lol.

Southern Manitoba
Yep our weather is about the same today.
Current conditions: Sunny (at the moment)
Temperature: -33C (-27.4F)
Wind: W15 km/h
Windchill: -44 (-47.2F)
Today's high: -25C (-13F)
Now the highest temp we are expected to reach this week is -24C (-11.2F). Hopefully this will be our last week (likely not) of cold weather and then we will start to warm up! They say that Jan. and Feb. are our coldest months, hopefully it will pass quickly.

The funny thing is that in the summer our temperature flips. Winter (like today) is -33 and come July it will be +33! At least when it flips we have AC to use!

Pawy- I would love to send you some of this weather in exchange for some of your weather!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Iam in Northern Queensland...

I live in a part where it doesnt rain its allways sunny and hot.. :(

Australia is nice.. But remember our car seat laws would drive you nuts..!!!!

I saw this cute little girl today riding in her new booster seat.. The only problem is she was about 2...

Iam trying to get a transfer to Washinton.. I need some coldness..

Paul

Washington, D.C.??? That's where I live! Well, I am actually a few miles (which equals about 20 minutes or so) outside of D.C. I love D.C. It is a great place!!!!

scatterbunny

Wow, I could not handle Northern Queensland temperatures, OR Saskatchewan temps, either. :eek: Anything over about 75F (23.9C) is too hot for me, anything under about 25F (-3.9C) is too cold.

Luckily here on the Oregon coast it rarely gets outside of my temperature comfort zone. The weather here is much like Seattle/western Washington, and I imagine like the coastal region of British Columbia.

Stay warm, everyone dealing with this extreme cold! We got down to about 13F (-10.6C) a few weeks ago and had six inches of snow. That is an unheard-of thing around here and everyone was freezing!

smurf

It's pretty darned cold here in Montreal and I should give birth any day now... lots of fun lugging a baby around in -15 C weather, poor thing better fatten up quickly!

lovinwaves

Ok, I am right in the middle of the US, and last night we had a windchill of -15F :eek:, and todays high is 10F. Needless to say, we are NOT leaving the house anytime soon!

LuvBug

It was 34F the other day and they were talking about closing the schools because it *might* ice lol! Weve barely seen frost let alone ice, sleet, or even a drop of snow

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
In NW Wisconsin, it was -10F last I checked, -27 if you factor in the wind chill. Our high for today and tomorrow is -2, but I doubt it will get up that high. Brrr! I am not leaving the house! I miss the 40 F we had a little more than a month ago!

JaRylan

Jewels,
Where in Manitoba are you from? We lived in Boissevain for a few years and Winnipeg for 10 months. I was born in Creighton/Flin Flon. My ex is from Tilston/Pierson, his parents live in Melita and now he lives in Hartney.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC