Now that is just stupid...

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I had not seen one really until yesterday. I've seen ya'll mention hating them so I had to see what all this lack-of-love was about. When I got to MDO I noticed that dd's teacher's 4m dd was in an SR with rear-adjust. I made it a point to look...

What a pain!

Her dd's harness had about 2 inches of slack because "it is so much trouble to tighten". I totally agree it was a pain, but it had to be done. Even worse, After we tightened them and I noticed that she also had the seat on the highest slots and they were about an inch above her dd's shoulders. . UGH! It took way too long to adjust that carseat. With dd's I would just seperate at the plate and rethread easy peasy. I almost bought that seat too, the cover is soooo cute. I would have hated myself.

ADS

mom2kk

Ugh I wish people would get serious or understand the magnitude of "not feeling like it" can mean. I'm glad she let you adjust it, just hope she keeps it that way.

all together ooky

I think rear-adjusts should be banned. If they are used correctly, sure, they're safe. BUT, the vast majority find them a nuisance so they don't adjust them properly. What's the point then?

disbugsmomma

I never thought it was all that much trouble to tighten the harness on my SR. Loosening is a bit more difficult, as is adjusting the height, but I wouldn't not use the seat because of it. :shrug-shoulders: Now an Evenflo bucket, you couldn't pay me to use one of those!

brightredmtn

I don't understand why Graco makes them. It can't be a cost issue since there are plenty of cheapy front adjust seats on the market.

Yeah I hate them too.

macmomma

I have a rear-adjust SR and really have no problems adjusting it.... loosening is a little bit harder but still quite do-able ( that even a word?):D I do own an Evenflo bucket and absolutely HATE that seat but the state bought it for me so I did not have a decision in it..... it is waaay back in my closet and will stay there!

emandbri

I find it interesting that folks here don't have problems with them because I swear everyone I have seen in real life has straps that are too loose.

macmomma

I find it interesting that folks here don't have problems with them because I swear everyone I have seen in real life has straps that are too loose.

It might has something to do with the folks on here that are more knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile in making sure their children are secure in their seats. It seems that lot of folks just do not realize the risk involved in having loose straps and therefor not adjusting them properly ..... just my 2 cents:D
It does take a few times of playing with the adjuster to get the "hang" of it but after that it is not too hard- even my husband has gotten very picky about the straps:love:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I had one I used correctly. :) I actually was able to get a tighter fit on one of my kids with that than with a front adjust seat, she was funny shaped.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
So explain all the front-adjust seats I see with way-loose harnesses.

Front-adjust, rear-adjust, whatever. The bottom line is that people don't tighten them anyway.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So explain all the front-adjust seats I see with way-loose harnesses.

Front-adjust, rear-adjust, whatever. The bottom line is that people don't tighten them anyway.

So true. :)

Heck, I have seen an Evenflo Triumph Advance with loose straps and harness in the wrong position. And that is just about the easiest EVER for many parents to use! (It also was not tightly installed, etc. All the common mistakes in one seat, except that she fit by weight and height. Joy!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC