turn her back around? asking for VOTES

Fiona was 4 on Dec 1st, she is 41 inches tall and 32 lbs (she lost a lb recently not sure why)

Anyways she seems so huge when she is rear facing lol she is extra leggy. So anyways she has been ffing since a month before her birthday at her request.. today in the car she asked if she could be rear facing again, she asked again tonight.. I don't mind, but DH is all annoyed cause he was so happy she was finally ffing.. (he thinks 1 and 20 are way too small but he insists rear facing is annoying after they are 3)

Anyways I almost feel weird now turning her back, we already were getting weird looks daily for having her rear facing before we turned her, I can imagine the looks now in the car pool line now... I was getting really sick of explaining it and then getting the eye roll after I went through why it is safer and why we do it.

Am I a jerk to tell her no? I mean it makes me seem like a hypocrite right? to not want to deal with rear facing her now? (we have a radian xt sl so she has plenty of height and weight to rear face ) I just think after 4 ffing is fine.. just my personal feeling. ehh do I turn her down? votes????????????????????

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I think FFing after 4 is fine, but if you have the seat and she wants to RF, I don't see any reason not to allow it. If you don't want eye rolls in the carpool lane, simply answer "she prefers it and she fits".

yea she could still rear face in any of our convertables, (we have a true fit marathon and the radian xtsl.. so she is good to go, I need to clean her frontier anyways so maybe when I stick the radian xt in I will do so rear facing)

she has about an inch and a half above her head in the marathon so that is cutting it a bit close. and she hates rfing in the true fit cause it hurts her tushie so she says.. plus that is really nolans seat anyways.. I hate installing radians rear facing.. so it is probably just me being lazy lol

myliljunebugs

I get the looks and questions, my answer is "it's safer and she loves it" if they have more questions I ask for their email address and offer to email them more information. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC