Is this a long torso?

njkj

I just measured DD(8 weeks)and got 23in total with a 11 1/2- 12in torso :eek: Is that long? It seems crazy b/c I measured DS (4.75) earlier today and he has a 14in torso.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
My kids are long torsoed and DD2 had approx. a 13.5" torso around her first birthday. Your DD is only 8 weeks old, wow, that's pretty long I'd say (you measured from bum to the tops of her shoulders, right, or did you include her head, too? :) ) and fairly tall overall, too. :)

njkj

Yep I measured from shoulder to bum. I took a pic to cause I did not believe it LOL

Last edited:

Jennifer mom to my 7

See, that's why it seems to be measuring so long for you:) When sitting, the height will be much shorter, you have to pay attention to where her legs would bend, kwim? From where you are posting the tape, she may have a longerish torso, but not 11-12 inches. What I did was to sit my infant up against the packnplay with the bassinet, so sitting up, and used a 12 inch ruler to check.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Of course, infants don't sit all the way up.

I tend to put small infants in the car seat, installed or at the angle it sits at in the car, and then measure.

That does look like a pretty long torso to me, and it may well be close to 50% of his body length. In which case, you've got one built like my third (who is also very tall for her age. Her torso at age 20 months is about what her oldest sister's was at age 4!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC