Another two cents...Regent, Frontier and RadianXTSL

Marvin711

All three are super-easy LATCH installations for me. Ten to fifteen minutes and I think the average parent or caregiver could have a good install and be ready to roll – that is if they haven’t strained their backs carrying the Regent to the car!

The Regent is a huge seat and probably not worth the purchase unless you need to harness a larger than average child, especially a tall child! This seat isn’t compatible with all vehicles on a sole basis of size. As the driver I had a hard time seeing around it when it was installed directly behind me in a small SUV. It is a comfortable ride but doesn’t quite have the “big kid” appeal of the Frontier.

Our son loved his Frontier at first sight when he noticed the cupholders! We haven’t had any major issues installing this seat with LATCH in most cars. The biggest inconvience is sometimes having to pull the LATCH adjuster at odd angles through the cover in order to tighten them down. The harness/headwing adjustment is smooth and easy, although it is a bit of a pain that you have to unbuckle the seat to do it. We’ve noticed a slight audible rattle in our headwings when the seat is unoccupied which can be annoying at times, but easily drown out by the radio. The quality of the cover is disappointing when compared to other Britax seats we’ve owned, however, still surpasses others we've seen, with the exception of our new Radain XTSL.

Out of the box the first thing we noticed was the quality of the cover on our new Bentley Radian – quite nice! The only problem with FF install was trying to adjust the headwings on this seat. Moving them up and down is hard and we were afraid of breaking something, it was also hard to tell when they were in position. We didn't think there was much info on these in the manual. And what's with the plastic foam in the track? Remove or not? I still need to call SK. Otherwise, we had no problem installing it forward facing with LATCH in our Honda Accord. The seat base is very narrow and we were nervous our son would complain after being used to the wider seats – so far so good on short trips around town but it hasn’t been tested on one of our long road trips yet. He isn’t crazy about the headwings and complains they are blocking his vision, odd since he has never complained about that in his Frontier. I want to get them side by side to see what the difference is…?

For what it is worth – I think seat belt installation is a bear on all these seats! Honestly the Regent was the easiest seatbelt install I had which came as a surprise. For that reason only I give my top props to the Radian with its new SuperLATCH system but for vehicles without LATCH not an easy road in my opinion! I spent more than an hour trying to get a good install with the Frontier in my 2009 Honda van and in the end all I had to show were bloody knuckles and new appreciation for LATCH. Manufacturer’s take note when there are multiple threads on various forums and reviews about your bad seatbelt installs it is time to do something! It shouldn’t be this hard for a concerned and educated parent to use your seat correctly and safely for their child!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC