Consider everything a projectile!

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
wow, thanks for reminder. i will check mine since last i remember the guys at walmart put it back in. =/

JaRylan

Holy cow. I'm glad everyone is okay and that you were able to help. Time to go and recheck everything in my car.

nisi

Senior Community Member
How lucky you were there to help.

And thank you. I've been meaning to contact someone about getting some kind of cargo barrier for our van. This story was just the kick in the pants I needed.

arly1983

That is not very uncomman. I have everything in my trunk (including 22 lb stroller) bungy corded down to anchers. I read a story of a lady and her 3 month old daughter who were in a roll-over accident. There was a small tool box in the floorboard. It struck the baby in the head. She was permantly brain damaged. Her mother made it her mission to tell everyone she knew that anything loose in the vehicle should be tied down or not in there at all. It was such a sad story. And like you said who even thinks of it. If I can remember her name or find a link I will post it.

broken4u05

I am glad they are ok. I just made my car safe yesterday and i feel soo much better driving now. All i have in a soft backpack with a change of cloths for the kids i watch and my books and everything is in my trunk.. I feel better. Thanks for the reminder

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow.

I am so glad you were there to help. Those people are very lucky you were there!

I'm so glad they were okay.

Thank you for the reminder about projectiles!!

arly1983

Yes, actually, we have several. DH is in the army. I think we have one of everything like that. Any other ideas that could help with this concern.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yes, actually, we have several. DH is in the army. I think we have one of everything like that. Any other ideas that could help with this concern.

If you attach the strap to the cargo hook on one side and then put it over the stroller and attach it on the other side, it should hold it pretty well. Those straps are great for stuff like that! :)

Duckieheart

Wow! How scary. DH and I once came upon an accident where a drunk driver had rolled his car at about 3am. The accident literally ripped the shoes from his feet. Scary.
Would abungee cord work to secure lighter thing? Like a diaper bag? Or is under the seat enough?

mak101376

Wow, how scary! Thank god the little guy was properly secured in a good seat.

I was in an accident once and my rear view mirror flew off the window. Talk about an unexpected projectile!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
What a story... I bet you were pretty frightened going over there, not knowing what you might find inside the Jeep - I'm glad for them (and for you) that everyone was fine - ;)

lovinwaves

I was in an accident once and my rear view mirror flew off the window. Talk about an unexpected projectile!

My friend's mom is an ER x-ray technician. She said once she did an x-ray on a lady that had a rear-view mirror lodged in her head during an auto accident. Needless to say she had significant brain damage and died.

lovinwaves

This story had a happy ending for you and the people involved in the crash, but I also wanted to remind everyone of something. If you ever go to help someone involved in an accident be sure you have put your vehicle in a very very safe position, especially if you have your children in the vehicle waiting.

My dad was witness to a horrific accident. He was by himself and pulled over to help, and so did some other people. He kept telling the people that pulled over to help, "get out of here! Go, I got it!!" "this is a dangerous scene!". The people refused to listen and their car was rear-ended by a passerby "rubber-necking" to look at the accident. They had two very young children in the back of the car when they were rear-ended......:(

CAEKWILSON

yes that is why i said that i stressed that i had made sure my kids and van where in a safe spot before i helped the accident vicitms...thanks for the input...you have to think of everything when you are in situations like this!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC