Harness slot choice in a very reclined ff seat--MyRide

kphil

My ds moved from a Blvd into a ff MyRide this week, and in the house, he needed the second from the top slots, being just a bit above the third slots. Well, in the car, the seat is so reclined, that it now looks like he should be down at the third slots. The straps are bothering him a bit (not badly, but he complained once), and I think it's because they're coming from so far above his shoulders now. Am I right in thinking that I can put them back down to the third slots? It's a little confusing to figure out, because he's so reclined that it's hard to know what to draw the line from slot to shoulder parallel to, kwim?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You do the slots when it's installed in the car. Oftentimes seats are different in the house versus in the car.

Wendy

kphil

But do I go parallel to the ground, parallel to the seat, or what? Do you know what I mean? It's not as straight-forward to me as it has been with all our other ff seats, which have all been much more upright than this (I'm really not feeling a fan of the extreme ff recline on this, but he'll be going into a Nautilus probably around Summer or so, so not too long).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC