Peg Perego SIP

bbartlettnfld

Has anyone tried this seat? Any ideas on how well a newborn might fit in it. My first was over 8lbs so I doubt #2 will be teeny tiny. I can't "play" with this seat in person so would have to buy online..

I know the Snugride and SS1 are well recommended but I don't need the seat to last too long as DD #1 will move out of her MA into something new (a radian maybe) when the baby outgrows the infant seat.

I'm probably not even pregnant yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed!

BethAnn
CPST- Canada
Living in the Middle East
Mommy to Emma 3yrs 10mos

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I haven't tried to install the new SIP Primo Viaggio, but the older one was a BEAR to install. I was able to get the old one in if I used LATCH, but it was a no-go when using the seatbelt in three different vehicles (Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Lexus 300h). The base (at least the older one, I don't know about the new one) has strange TEENY-TINY little hooks for holding the seatbelt onto the base. It is next to impossible to get the base installed.

I hope the new SIP ones are better.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
No, they have the same base from what I've seen... So you have to pay even MORE and still get a crummy seat to install. I was really curious why the Peg spots were vacant last time I went to BRU... either they are getting 2007's or... well, why would BRU take them off the shelves...?

bbartlettnfld

Oh if its the same base.. Yikes.. At a check I saw 3 of my fellow Techs work for an hour to try and install that base in a car.. They had to use 3 pool noodles and finally got it installed.

Hmm.. Now what.. Since I kinda want something that I can use with my bugaboo, just for Airports and quick in and outs. The Graco adapter is a monstrosity.. I guess I am back to the Maxi Cosi Cabrio (Legal here)..

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Here's Ilana at 6#13oz, the strap slots were way below her shoulders. I haven't ever installed the base though. We have a SS1 for her seat though and I really like it. We will use it till she outgrows it more than likely, so when she's 2 probably. When we move her to a convertible, Evan has to go ffing so we're putting it off as long as possible.
carseats084.jpg

I think Target ditched the Pegs and are now carrying Companions instead.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I have the Peg SIP for my 4 month old son and it is a great seat. It is not the same base as the old versions and is very easy to install. I have yet to take over 1 minute to install it in any car and yet to have any problems getting it tight. It can now be used without the base also which is nice. It is much bigger than the old version and it is pretty! :p

Warning picture overload! :D
The second two are of Griffin at 1 week old and the last 3 are from the other day and he is almost 4 months. He still has tons of growing room in the seat length wise and is still comfy in there unlike he would be in the old narrow version. HTH!

nov32006036.jpg

oct20010.jpg

oct20009.jpg

griffcarseat004.jpg

griffcarseat003.jpg

griffcarseat001.jpg

bbartlettnfld

OMG everyones babies are sooo cute.. (can'tcha tell I am feeling broody)!
Thanks for the great pics. Its nice to see that a tiny 6pounder can use this seat with a good tight harness..

I must say I am so into the Revi black & Revi Orange.. Now to hopefully see it IRL and save the terrible $229 CDN for this seat! Is it really heavy, I ask since DD #1 had a Designer 35 and I had to leave it in the car and wear her (not that I minded!;) )But that thing was a bear!

BethAnn
TTC #2

skipspin

I installed one with a seatbelt in a high-end small SUV (don't remember Lexus? Acura?) and it wasn't too bad. No as easy IMO as a Keyfit or Safeseat, but not BAD.

Also, the harness pads are removeable. I took them off when we installed the seat for the pg mom. There was no way the harness would fit right with a newborn and thos pads on, so I had them put them with the manual. Almost like they are encourageing mis-use. Arrgggg.

It does seem that older/larger babies look squashed in this seat, but I don't know if it's really smaller, or just looks that way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC