Marathon in plane?

MommyofBoogieBear

i know this topic has been mentioned some time before.. but I will ask anyway. Can a marathon be used in the plane? Also, is it a LAW that kids need to be in carseats in the plane under a certain age?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Very few carseats are not FAA approved (boosters, the Apex, the Regent, the SafeGuard Go, off the top of my head. Infant seats, convertible seats, and combination seats used with their harnesses generally are all approved). You'll want to get a seat that has an armrest that goes up so you will have room to install the seat.

It is not a LAW that a child needs to be in a restraint, but it is a recommendation that children who can fit in a child restraint should use it up to its limits. So with a Marathon that would be 33 pounds RFing and 65 pounds FFing, or to the height limits.

Wendy

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yes, the Marathon fits -- you may or may not need/want assistance carrying it + kiddo (GogoKidz is great for transport through the airport) & installation on the plane is different than in the car (different belt types)....

FAA policy urges parents of kids under 40# to use approved carseats on planes to reduce injuries from turbulence: hence early boarding for families with young children.

MommyofBoogieBear

ok thanks! very helpful! it is also helpful to know that the Regent is not one that is approved.

Wendy, I noticed you have a denim Britax. do you like the material? does it fade?

thanks guys for the info!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's faded a bit. Not as much as some other denims I've seen, like a Roundabout denim. Don't know why it's so different. Maybe they had it in the sun, but Piper's other one is outboard.

I'm so sick of blue I'm not a good one to ask. Piper doesn't mind it in the least, it vacuums easily, and it shows stains far less than I would have thought.

Wendy

October_mom

We've flown multiple times with our Marathon and Wizard. Both fit fine in the seats. Now that my ds is in a Regent, we're going to bring the Wizard for the plane and probably buy a booster seat to use just for the trip (for the rental car - not the plane). Ds is old enough now and mature enough to sit still and wear the plane's seat belt for the flight.

October_mom

ok thanks! very helpful! it is also helpful to know that the Regent is not one that is approved.

Wendy, I noticed you have a denim Britax. do you like the material? does it fade?

thanks guys for the info!

We also have a denim wizard. It has faded in spots but not bad. It's worn well considering how many times it's been puked and peed in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC