Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Thumbs up go go carz or foldable luggage cart??

Hi, I would like to read experiencies about using the go go carz or foldable luggage cart with the carseat. I make a post before about asking for carseats in the plane. I got a go go carz in my high back booster seat (cosco) and works fine, but I wonder if any of you try with a luggage cart (great if you have pix to post too), because this go go thing looks like luggage cart, little more expensive, so maybe if I find a option for luggage cart, I same some $$.

TIA

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: go go carz or foldable luggage cart??

I haven't used either but I am wondering about them also. Also wondering how they work with a frontier or a radian.

Moderator - CPST Instructor

I've always just use the foldable luggage cart because it was cheaper but also the GGK was not available when our first was little

A bigger cart can be used for 2 seats that can be 'puzzled' or one seat

A smaller cart like the Samsonite Micro Mover also works for one seat
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007

Senior Community Member TnT's Mom's Avatar

We have just used a regular luggage cart as well. We have used it with a Marathon and also with a Nautilus. The stretchy straps that come with it can be a bit of a challenge to pull up and over the Nautilus and you need to be careful when undoing it so they don't snap back and hit anyone. We did need to take it off the cart to go through the xray machine. It worked fine though to pull the seat through the airport. I did take the seat off the cart before going down the jetway to the plane but Dh was with me so he took the luggage cart and the boys just walked between us as I carried the seat down the jetway and onto the plane.

I have to say I like the looks of that Samsonite Micro Mover one!
    DS#1 12yrs., 85lbs., 58"tall, 5-stepping in my car!
    DS#2 9yrs., 65lbs., 49" tall, Jane Indy, Compass Pathway B570

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

I have the gogokidz and love it. I had it on a Boulevard, but will most likely be using it on our True Fit next. DD and I often traveled alone, so I would use it for her to ride in through the airport also and didn't worry about a stroller (would either have one on other end or use one of my carriers). I was even able to wheel her right to our row on some of the flights (some aisles are too narrow).
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

Unregistered

Thanks so much for all the info, and for the pix. Im going out of the country just me, and me 2 girls (5 and 2.5) so I guess I better stick with the go go carz (because I don t really planning or want to take stroller and carseat (works great when we back to USA because my husband back with us. I was hoping any other way I can use the foldable luggage cart like stroller with the car seat. Im not sure but somewere I read somebody put the carseat into umbrella stroller too, hmmmm. I don t know if works or not.

Im ok with the go go carz but, Im worry if breaks or something, because is made with plastic.

TIA!!

Carseat Crazy

It's a lot of money for something that can only really be used for car seats when a metal luggage cart works just as well. My dd could ride in it until about age 3. I also skipped the stroller (I fly alone a lot with three kids since each was 4 months old between Europe and California).

Just for your info, booster seats can't be used on the airplane, although they can be gate-checked or packed in a hard suitcase, surrounded by soft items. Boosters are not FAA approved.
    Former Flight Attendant, 13 years, 2 companies in 5 countries
    3 trilingual, international travelers with two nationalities
    http://flyingwithchildren1.blogspot.com

Unregistered

Thanks so much Eclipse ( by the way I love your blog great info). I know booster are not FAA approved. The carseat Im taking is the Cosco high back booster, its say in the sticker is aircraft approved when using with the harness (and not like a booster). So I hope is not a problem, so far the girls in here told is fine for airplane. So, do you use a metal luggage cart for a carseat, using like stroller too, how you did??. Any pix??!. Thanks so much!!

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

I have strapped our Marathon to a $15 luggage cart and had DD ride thru the airport in it. The cart has a 100lb weight limit so I wasn't worried about it once I figured out a good way to get it strapped down. http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

Unregistered

AEOR Thanks so much the pix, is what I want to see, because I was having trouble about how strap the carseat. Were do you got you luggage cart??, and what do you use for strap the carseat??.
    Thanks again!!

Senior Community Member jeminijad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    AEOR Thanks so much the pix, is what I want to see, because I was having trouble about how strap the carseat. Were do you got you luggage cart??, and what do you use for strap the carseat??.
    Thanks again!!
    I wonder this, too. Are there straps on the cart?

Then what do you do with it on the plane? Does it count as a piece of carry on luggage?

I have always used a knapsack as a carry on, am a bit ignorant when it comes to carts.

Senior Community Member unityco's Avatar

I returned a GoGo Kidz in favour of a luggage cart. I found it took forever to release/re-do the straps at each checkpoint - and the thing doesn't stand on its own when there's no seat attached to it. I think the design has changed somewhat since I had mine - they may have quick release straps now - but it was really awkward when I had it with our Radian.

I too have hauled DS on the luggage cart in his seat.

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Foldable luggage carts usually have built-in elastic strap and hook. And when finished installing the carseat, fold the luggage cart up and stow it. It does not count as a carry-on piece (or shouldn't) because when the carseat is on it, the whole thing is not seen as 2 pieces. At least I've not had problem in airports but goodness knows how things are these days with the heightened security.

And I have been able to pull carseat(s) on cart down the aisle of most planes. The little dinky twin-engine ones are different though and nothing except one thigh can fit in front of the other down these aisles anyway

ETA: And I 'wear' (carry) my #3 in a carrier (who is the only one in carseat these days). I don't travel with stroller anymore.
    Last edited by hipmaman; 01-20-2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007

15. Thank You from:

I love my GoGo Kidz. I travel by myself with my DD a lot and it has been a lifesaver. It does not fit through some x-ray, but security has always offered to hand scan it....super easy.
    Mine is the older version so unscrewing the bolt things to detatch it takes a bit. The new ones are quick release. It's a super smooth ride and turns on a dime.
    DD LOVES it!
    They are expensive if you rarely travel. Totally worth it for me though. I don't bring a stroller, and it makes it so super easy because then all I need to do is check my big suitcase and then I have DD in her GoGo and a backpack full of our in-flight necessities.

And it keeps her entertained during layovers

Carseat Crazy

We're not saying that the GogoKidz doesn't work. It's just that a foldable luggage cart does exactly the same thing. All the pluses you listed work for the luggage cart too, at a fraction of the price.
    Former Flight Attendant, 13 years, 2 companies in 5 countries
    3 trilingual, international travelers with two nationalities
    http://flyingwithchildren1.blogspot.com

Have you thought of the Traveling Toddler attachement (on Amazon.com) it's cheap and super easy to use! It attaches to your carry-on as long as you have wheels and your car seat has the LATCH and top tether, I just used it while traveling to Europe and it was great! Just my

HTH

Mag