myride covers and ss1 visor issues

aja

myride covers and ss1 visor issues (update post 6)

i called graco customer service today about our myride covers. they don't seem to want to stay on the seat. fox's is the worst. everytime we tighten or loosen the harness it pulls up on the bottom of the cover and after a few times the cover is completely off on the bottom. she is sending new covers. will this help the problem do you think?

i also have a safeseat 1 (man 2007 but was on clearance new in box) that the sun visor kept falling off of so she is sending a new visor frame and fabric. has anyone else had that problem with a ss1?

Last edited:
ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Apparently when the MR came out they had some issues with the covers, what's the DOM on your seats? Assuming they are some of the first DOMs, then your seats likely had the covers with issues. New covers should fix the problem. My MR DOM is Oct 21/09 and I have had zero issues with the covers; they fit very nicely and never come off.

I had a Jan '06 SS and if I had the canopy pushed back, it would fall behind the seat and open up which was a pain. But, it never fell off the seat entirely and if it was in the open (covering baby) position, it was always fine.

aja

the ss1 visor fell off twice the first week we had it and the second time i never put it back on. it's fine without it imo but if we were using it for a small baby i would want it i'm sure.

TheNimpsGirl

I had a Jan '06 SS and if I had the canopy pushed back, it would fall behind the seat and open up which was a pain. But, it never fell off the seat entirely and if it was in the open (covering baby) position, it was always fine.

Yup to this exactly, well maybe not the date, but ours does exactly that. I figured it was just one of those SS1 extra special features not mentioned on the box ;)

aja

well i got all the replacements. the myride covers are exactly the same. i guess we'll just have to deal. after uninstalling the black and grey one the pegs on the cover were pulled out of the bottom and since reinstalling it they have been fine. :thumbsup: the cover still pops off around the cupholders where the two seats touch, but they won't be touching in the new van so maybe that will help?

they sent a whole new cover set for the ss1 as well as a new frame for the visor. it's the graco classics - white and black paisly/toille type cover. the visor frame is a different color from our seat (tan and the seat is silver) but it works WAY better. the plastic is a bit firmer/sturdier and it doesn't slide up as easily, but it stays where you put it. :love: i am very happy with that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC