Finally ready for a booster??

Mama2J

I haven't been here in a long time, but I just bought a booster and naturally thought of this board! He actually rode in a backless booster for the first time a couple of weeks ago because we went out with someone in their car and I didn't feel like moving the Regent (and he is finally over 40 pounds). He did really well, although I had to remind him to sit up straight a couple of times. I also locked the seatbelt because I didn't want him leaning forward.

So last weekend I went ahead and bought a Turbo booster (Let's Go pattern). It is still in the box in my trunk! I haven't even told anyone about it until now! Is it normal to be reluctant to give up a HWH seat and use a booster when you know the child is ready? The thing is he still fits fine in the Regent and Nautilus and hasn't complained about being in a harness, even after riding in the backless, and even though he knows that most (if not all) of his friends are in boosters. I'd like to keep it just for a spare for now, in case we ride in someone else's car again, but at the same time I'm afraid if I tell that I bought it, he might want to switch to it full-time. I've also thought about putting it in the car next to the Regent and letting him choose which to use each time.

What would you do? :) Keep it a secret until you need it? Tell him about it? Something else?

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

I would tell him about it and let him use it when going with friends. Gosh, he is smaller than my 4 year old dd:) Not by much though, and she has a huge torso. I might also let him use it for shorter trips around town to booster train. He is over 6, after all.

Mama2J

Yes, he is small - I guess that's why I was trying to keep him in a harness as long as possible and why he hadn't used a booster until recently. I know I have to tell him and try it out eventually... I'm just not sure when! I get the feeling that his friends' parents think it is strange that he is still in a harness, but I don't mind that. If he was having a problem with it, I would take that into account, but he isn't. Also the Regent looks so much comfier than the Turbo! :)

mrs_teeee67

I just switched my 7 year old *b'day in Nov* to a booster this week. Only because she weighed 65 at the docs office, so she outgrew her Radian. I figure anything 'extra' I can do to protect her is just one less 'what if' question that I'd have to ask myself if something unthinkable happened.

I'm 'paranoid, overprotective mama' though I'm sure to most. Just my logic.

Good luck with booster training though, whever you do it.

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC