Woo Hoo

mamato2

My dd's pre-school is scheduling a CPS speaker along with a limited number of seat checks in the coming weeks!!!! :D
They (the parent board) are working on getting a nutritionist from Whole Foods to do a talk as well about healthy lunches and snacks!!!! :D
Love it!
C.

ADS

mamato2

I should add, my older dd commented ,'they should come to MY school'. I have to agree, her elementary school is 'pathetic' when it comes to car and street safety as well as nutrition.
C.

scatterbunny

Yay! That's so cool!

I also wish my dd's elementary school would do some car safety stuff. It's only a K-3 school, and only ONE of her kindergarten classmates that I see get dropped off actually uses a booster! :eek:

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
My DD is in PRESCHOOL with a bunch of 2-4 year olds and I am the OOONNLLLYYY parent who puts their child in a 5 point harness. Were talking about a school with anywhere from like 60-70 children.

I'm absolutely sickened by how many BPB I see for 2 year olds. 2 YEAR OLDS!!!! :mad: Or the kicker is when i see parents in the drop off lane with kids who aren't even buckled in just hopping around in the backseat.

I can't say anything because I feel like an odd duckling there anyways. I'm the only single parent there and of course i'm the youngest to boot. I'm thinking of coming in for safety week after I get my CPST certification in March. Unfortunately, I doubt it would help at all.

southpawboston

My dd's pre-school is scheduling a CPS speaker along with a limited number of seat checks in the coming weeks!!!! :D
They (the parent board) are working on getting a nutritionist from Whole Foods to do a talk as well about healthy lunches and snacks!!!! :D
Love it!
C.

hey! that was MY idea that i had for my DD's pre-school!!! lol... that's great that her school is doing that.

mamato2

It started with the director e-mailing everyone the link to the Kyle video ( a parent brought it to her attention). Then she forwarded on my e-mail to her about the proposed legislation about car seats/boosters to 8 yrs to the parents as well! A field trip where a few 5's went in belts only (legal here) then prompted some discussion amongst parents that lead to the future talk and car seat check. :)
I am very happy. I hope the parents who need the info most attend!
Now if I could only get the elementary school to address this issue I'd be really :D happy.
C.

mominabigtruck

I am so not looking forward to kindergarden next year. Right now ds is the only child at preschool who is still in a harness and most of them aren't even in boosters. I know he knows that it is safer in a carseat but I don't want him to get made fun of at school because he's still in a carseat. And of course he won't be riding the bus because its a private school and they don't have their own bus so they would see him in his seat everyday.

mamato2

FWIW my 3rd grader still uses a harnessed seat. I really don't think the way the drop off and pick up work that anyone has even noticed over the years!(At least in the van, ,maybe the car, but NO ONE has said a thing to her.) The only time we get comments is when a friend of hers rides with us. They are used to it though and (maybe due to the moms talking to them??) we've gotten no more than maybe an initial comment per kid.
If you are there to 'counteract' any comments or teasing it will help. I say 'She rides in it because it's safer'. Most kids go, 'oh' and that's it. I hope your son will have no problems. If he's matter of fact too the kids will be less likely to choose it as a topic of teasing.
Since it's a private school is there any hope of having the school sponsor a CPS talk? That can go a long way I think. Even if it just lets the other parents know why YOU choose to harness!
C.

scatterbunny

I take Hayley to school pretty often and her friends ride with us pretty often. NO ONE has made fun of her for being in a harnessed seat still. She and I both put a positive spin on it right away, about how comfy and safe she is, and the kids seem to get it and leave it alone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC