Which would you get?

njkj

So we are going on vacation in at the end of march an Ds will be 4yr 9mons and we will be renting a car. The plan WAS that we were going to by a PWSG (the FN is to big and heavy to hual trough the airport) but now that I know it doesnt come apart I don't know how to get it there as I don't want to check it and am pretty sure it wont fit in a suitcase together. So should I just go with a Graco Turbo so I can take the back off and put it in our suitcase? ugh I REALLY want a PWSG but am afraid to check it, what about a carseat bag??? BTW we have been booster training on short trips for about 6-7 mons and he does GREAT!! So WWYD??

ADS

J-max

CPST Instructor
Personally, I would use an RSTV:twocents:. They fit in your bags easily and are supper easy to use. We just took a 2 week vacation and both my 4.75 year old and my 6.5 year used them, and while it is not their personal favorites (especially my sensory child), they do work great in travel situations.

You are pretty close to me I would even lend you one of ours if you wanted to pay for shipping - I have both the small and large.

njkj

Sweet!! Thank you I must have been getting them confused :eek:

You are pretty close to me I would even lend you one of ours if you wanted to pay for shipping - I have both the small and large.

Thank you I will talk to DH and get back to you :) That would be so much easier than a booster.

TnT's Mom

It does come apart but when I asked about it fitting in a travel bag like the bag that fits the Compass HBB, people thought it wouldn't fit in a bag to carry on? So I am curious if anyone has it and has tried to fit it in bag since I was considering getting one to take on a trip with us instead of the Nautilus.

Sorry for the slight hijack, OP!

TnT's Mom

So, I took a chance and ordered the Parkway SG. I found what I think is a pretty good deal (about $101.00 and one of those rebates that they give when you don't want the magazine they are trying to give you free...so with that $10.00 rebate, the seat will be just over $90.00 and it was free shipping.) I am really hoping it fits in one of my Compass bags so we can take it as a carry on when we travel later this winter.

Technically, I don't really need another booster for day to day use (we currently have 5 HBB and one LB, so this will be HBB #6...oh and the Nautilus x2, so technically we will have 8 HBB...yep, I have a problem :eek:) but I think it will be a good option for DS#2 as we get towards more full time booster riding. He is getting very close to the top slots on his Nautilus so I am thinking it won't be too long before he is in a booster all the time. At least with so many to choose from I should be able to find one that fits in whatever vehicle we may be driving.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC