Seat for Grammy's car, again.

2BunniesMommy

We have been using our MA for Libby, but Allison needs it now so I just got it set up for her. It was great because it was so easy to move back and forth when she would go on outings with MIL. Now that will be rfing for Alli, it would be a real pain to get it switched over for Libby.

She goes out with MIL approx. once or twice a month. Sometimes less often, rarely more often.

I decided to get a GN for her with the Walmart gift cards DH and I got for Christmas. Now, I am having second thoughts because money has gotten a bit tighter and it seems like an awful lot. I am thinking of maybe getting a Maestro for MIL's car...depending on how easy it is to install. She would want to be able to take it out when she doesn't need a seat in and I would want her to be able to get it back in. I check any install that she does before Libby goes anywhere with her, but DH only does if I remind him to. Sometimes she wants Libby when I am asleep (I work nights). I am sure it hurts her feelings a bit thinking I don't trust her install, but I know it would hurt her so much more if something were to happen to Libby, so I will continue to check. I was thinking GN since it is usually an easy install.

The other option I am looking at and leaning towards is just moving the Frontier when she takes her, but it is such a beast.

I am afraid if we are installing and uninstalling a seat each time she wants her that she will go buy a Cosco High Backbooster (you know, the one with the harness) especially since we are using one on a temp. basis now. While I do know that it passes everything it needs to, I don't see it as an acceptable seat for my child. It was a bear to install and I have an awful time getting the harness adjusted correctly and I worry MIL wouldn't take the time. Also, the straps twist so easily and I doubt she would notice.

If I return the GN to Walmart, still in the sealed box are they allowed to sell it? If they would have to destroy it, I will not return it. If they can still sell it as long as it is closed, I will come to a conclusion before opening the box and will not open it if I decide not to keep it.

Sorry this got some long....what to do, what to do?

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC