Comfortsport harness help

2BunniesMommy

My friend emailed me tonight and said that they switched their son to their comfortsport from their SS1 today but the harness is not tightening evenly. I have no experience with this seat and since it is not well loved here I am not sure is this is a normal issue. Any ideas?

And for the good news!!! Also in the same email she said she is planning on getting him a MyRide when he outgrows the comfortsport, but that she might just get it for him now if she can't get the harness figured out. I tried and tried to get her to ERF her first and she was not interested. Got her onboard with this little guy but she was planning on turning him when he outgrows the comfortsport. Since she is a avid Graco lover, I have been talking up the MyRide to her since it came out and am so happy she is wanting one now! Will she keep him rfing to 40lbs....I doubt it, but at least she is not likely to turn him when he is 30lbs!!!

Anyway, back to my question...any known harness issues with the Comfortsport and if so, what is the fix?

Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
First thing to check is whether both sides are on the same loop setting. I believe the CS, like many other Graco seats, has the 2 sets of harness loops, one for newborns/smaller babies, one for larger babies/toddlers. Check to make sure they're using 2 of one kind, not one of each. :)

Second, check for twists, hangups, anything that's not straight and lying flat, make sure that the two sides look the same.

Those would be the two most likely culprits in my book.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC