I love Russ! (from SK)

Splash

So I have been emailing Russ from Sunshine Kids for several days now. I contacted him about the fit in my car (if he knew of anyone who made it work) and we've been bantering back and forth. He wants me to wait for the new ones in a few weeks with the sleeve for the harness path, because I told him I make my seats really tight. He's referring to me as "atomic mom" now since I told him it would take an atom bomb to get one inch of movement in my installs. I've built up my faith in the company because of the AWESOME customer service. He also told me to tighten the Radian as much as I possibly can, because I can't break it (a challenge, perhaps? I told him that my BV problems were from very tight installs).
He's got me REALLY wanting this seat. And I'm really wanting to get one if it works! I'll feel let down if I can't make it work and I have to tell him I need to find another seat...
Anyway, after the Britax CS nightmares lately, it's SO nice to have such a personable and helpful guy on the other end. To the point where he wanted me to tell him when and where I buy it so he can make sure they have the newest possible seat for me :)

Anyway, just thought I would plug their customer service a bit. Companies that do good deserve acknowledgment... even if they do make the Mighty-Tite.

ADS

JaRylan

What exactly is the sleeve for the harness path? Is it so that the harness can move easier on the back of the seat for tightening while installed in a car? Are they making any other changes to the seats?

I agree, Sunshine Kids is pretty good in the customer service department.

mominabigtruck

I REALLY want to see a radian in real life!!! I'm making dh take me this weekend to look at seats at bru in dayton so hopefully they'll have one I can check out. We're taking the semi so that way I'll have plenty of room to put kids and boxes in case I find something I absolutely must have.;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
He IS the coolest :D. Some of my friends have emailed with him and he's hilarious, and I met him at Lifesavers last year and he's super smart (the year before him, the SK booth was just piles of nasty aftermarket stuff, and everyone turned their noses up at them and didn't stop, but when he came it was him and 2 seats, period, and we all stood around in droves)

:)

Morganthe

Hmm, a NEW Radian seat -- don't tempt me :p

That's great that you're getting such wonderful personalized service :D

Personally, I think the problem with the Radian ill fitting in vehicles isn't any fault of the seat (other than having a lower base than average).... it's that vehicle manufacturers have never standardized their seatbelt stalks & positions, let alone think of car seats on the design tables :rolleyes:

Speaking of SK after market products, has anyone seen this yet?
Seat Shade

I wonder how well it stays on -- if I didn't have dd in the center AND tinted windows, I might possibly consider it. :eek:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and would like to call him back about the install problems. But, the seat is a very strong seat - well built. Just wish I could get a good install... :(

canadianmom2three

I have to agree with splash and the rest, Russ is all that kept me sticking to the Radian, even after two short strap ones!! He is great, but just a word of caution - I did break the Radian by pushing too hard on it...a piece of the EPS foam broke when I pushed on the upper corner to try and correct a slanty install...not a big deal, but I was mad with myself none the less...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC