Uh Oh!

ADS

Maedze

It's a nitwit rehashing Lewitt's theories, only basically telling parents they don't need car seats. :rolleyes:

mamahen

Yea some guy who doesn't seem to have very good research methods wrote that seatbelts might be safer than carseats and that all this carseat hype is basically consumerism. :mad: Im mad that MSN would publish it without a disclaimer or something. This is just the tiny snippet that an anti-ERF'er would take as fact

Maedze

I left a comment but based on the guy's hyper and ridiculous attitude in the article, I doubt he'll approve it. (It was a civilized comment.)

lenats31

What about the deadly side impacts, and what about the injuries to the soft organ tissue in children, much softer bones and I could go on forever:whistle:

They have forgotten a few things haven´t they:rolleyes:

Lena

Joyofbirth

Eh, I wouldn't stress over it too much. I think the people who will be swayed by this article are people who were already leaning this way and just wanted someone to say it. They probably would have not used carseat or whatever even without the article. It's one of those "itching ears" things. People are gonna hear what they wanna hear. How many times have you shared articles with compelling evidence and arguments with a friend and they completely disregard it? Same thing. it's a shame that someone would work so hard against child safety though. It amazes the passion with which people will argue against car seats. I get the middle of the road people who are not as passionate as we are, but I just don't get the opposition.

urchin_grey

Epic fail.

Trust me, I'm all for anti-consumerism. In fact, I am doing the compact this year. Safety items, however, I do not skimp on. That one is non-negotiable.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
But if more children died in crashes, they would consume a lot less, since they wouldn't grow up to do it!

Yeah, that's what this attitude leads to, in the end, even if that's not what he thinks he's saying.

I have to agree with JOB though-- people who would believe this would probably not have properly restrained their kids anyway.

Jonah Baby

Hmm, we'll see if my comment gets posted.

I think it is pretty obvious that a PROPERLY belted 3 year old could be (could) protected in a lower-impact crash like they tested.
How many 3 year olds in real life STAY properly belted?
My 21 year old "child" can't even do this.

Ridiculous.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC