How much shell height does he have?

P1ally

I'm considering a CA for ds, but I hard to look at the MR because it's on sale at BRU. He's got plenty of shell above his head, but I have a hard time judging how much..

So how long do you think he has? He's 3.25, 39inches tall, 32lbs.

fa420ee3.jpg

ee1ab602.jpg

8fd10873.jpg

d2ecd7b6.jpg

2b8ba096.jpg

cf2cbe61.jpg

TIA!

ADS

chasingboys

He has tons of room to rf in the MyRide! At least a year if not longer I would say. I would personally prefer the CA over the MyRide, just because when he's ff the recline of the MyRide is pretty extreme in my opinion. You can't go wrong with the MyRide RF though (except for the fact that I hate the cupholders...petty I know, but I'd never buy it) lol

armywife12

I'm not terribly great at it either but it looks like at least 4 inches of shell at least, maybe 5. Sometimes I wonder if I'm under estimating how much shell my son has. The pic in my siggy is updated. I online see about 2.5-3 if shell in my pic but maybe I'm way off.

P1ally

FTR I don't plan to use it for FF, only RF. Was hoping to make it to 4 or 4.5 :D

DS unfortunately likes the CA better than the MR.. Idk, so torn. The 40" rule in the CA makes me nervous too.. I'd much rather have a radian, but he seems too tall for it.. Maybe we'll go look after work tomorrow..

ETA- Oh BAH they just released the CA LX at target......

Decisions decisions!!

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
If he has that much room in the MR, he won't be too tall for the Radian. My 5 year old outgrew the MR by height a few months ago (RF) but still RF's in the Radian with about an 1-1.5 inches to grow before hitting the 1 inch rule. Now, I can get amazingly upright installs with the radian in my car so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC