UGH! Buy another Frontier??

Mama Jo

My mom picks DD up from school every day. DD uses a Vivo in grandma's car.

In my car, she uses a FN.

Grandma's complaining about the booster because DD can't buckle the seatbelt herself and it's freezing outside and she has to wait for DD to take off her coat and get "settled" so she can buckle her.

DD can buckle herself into the FN. (She can also buckle herself into a booster in my car - just not grandma's.)

I've offered to move the FN to my grandma's car and have DD just use the Vivo in my car. DD doesn't like that idea. She spends more time in my car (the ride home from school is less than 5 minutes) and says the FN is more comfortable. She wants the FN in my car. I think she really prefers the 5 point harness over the seatbelt, in addition to the added depth of the FN.

She also doesn't like the GN, so that's out for grandma's car too.

Theoretically she could probably last another year in the FN harness. And I do plan on using it as a booster. However, grandma's car doesn't have LATCH so I think I would rather use the lighter-weight Vivo in her car anyway.

Any other suggestions?? I don't really want to buy another FN to use for just a year.

The only other option I can come up with is to get a Monterey for my car and move the FN to grandma's. But again, she seems to prefer the 5-pt harness over the booster. Maybe because the Monterey is a little deeper than the Vivo, though, it might just be comfortable enough...

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I may be a mean mama, but I would figure out what I can spend, and go over the choices with her: FN in your car and GN in Gma's, Monterey in your car and FN in Gma's, etc. If it is an issue of preference and not safety, I don't know that I'd be dropping $250+.

Mama Jo

I may be a mean mama, but I would figure out what I can spend, and go over the choices with her: FN in your car and GN in Gma's, Monterey in your car and FN in Gma's, etc. If it is an issue of preference and not safety, I don't know that I'd be dropping $250+.

Quite honestly, I'd rather be a mean daughter and not drop a dime, and tell grandma to get the @*&^ over it and just survive the 30 seconds it takes to buckle the &^$# booster. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC