Cosco Peterson Safe-t-Seat, 1981, New in Box!

ADS

noahsmom24

Wow! So was there no RF in the 80's or? I see the infant FF on the box?

Thanks for sharing this is neat! :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Wow! So was there no RF in the 80's or? I see the infant FF on the box?

Thanks for sharing this is neat! :)

I think that's a convertible. (Could be wrong--those old seats confuse me.) I don't think the infant is necessarily FF on the box. Just...on the box.

nmb

I know all states are different - but I was born in 1980 and never had a carseat. My DH as well. I was born in MI, he was born in CA.
And I have a baby book from my mom that recommend FF'ing seat for infants that could sit up. Not sure if that was from me or my brother? (1983).
So a 1981 seat could well have been FF only....:whistle::twocents:
(I don't know of course just thinking out loud.)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
There were definitely rear-facing seats back then, and there were definitely toddlers in car seats back then. Just not a lot.

I think this seat has a recline that's not engaged in classicseats' photos, but I'm sure he'll be back to clarify.

nmb

RF'ing up to 17lbs?? Umm....would've been 2.5 - 3 mos for my son! (15lbs8oz at 2 mos, 19lbs 13 oz at 4 mos). No where near sitting up - he couldn't sit up unassited until 7.5 mos. But again, I guess if you don't *have* to use a carseat..... they had to start somewhere, right?

Kat_Momof3

omg... you found my sister's carseat (well, not literally, but the same one as what she used)

awesome find! perfect for a collector!

nmb

How's this for confusing?

Oh, that buckle would be tough with a toddler going through that "I hate the carseat" phase.... as much as we get irritated w/ different things about today's carseats, I'm sure glad we have what we do and not those.

And how about those seats in your album where the shield sits at an angle to the kiddo, almost horizontal? :eek:

DahliaRW

I rode in either one of these (or at least my sisters did) or something very similar as a child (I was born in '79 and I'm pretty sure we only ever had one seat for an infant, I went into a shield booster pretty young too!)

classicseats

Oh, that buckle would be tough with a toddler going through that "I hate the carseat" phase.... as much as we get irritated w/ different things about today's carseats, I'm sure glad we have what we do and not those.

And how about those seats in your album where the shield sits at an angle to the kiddo, almost horizontal? :eek:

I don't know about that buckle? It doesn't look like it would stay together. One side of the shoulder straps just kind of slips over a pin on the buckle. It seems like it would just come loose.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC